Introduction

Introduction

A Chapter by I'd Rather Write

To all of my children and anyone else who takes interest in reading these writings,

 

The following is a collection of true short stories while I served in Japan during my Marine Corps days from 1981 to 1984. I was 19 years old when I began my tour of duty in Japan and 21 years old when I returned to the United States.

 

While stationed in Japan, each incident occurred in a matter of minutes up to about an hour at the most. I view these wonderful times of explorations as grand learning experiences in my young life. My immersions into the individual worlds of others helped me to witness the preciousness of life as seen from the eyes of Japanese who were very different from me in culture and beliefs, yet, very similar in human nature and needs.

 

Although an adventurous life alone can be full of fun and excitement, unexpected close calls are always right around the corner. If you travel alone, always keep your guards up and expect the unexpected. Be prepared to defend yourself without any help from others. Lastly, stay out of trouble and stay away from people who cause trouble. Believe me, you will encounter enough trouble in life, as it is.

 

I hope you enjoy the reading.

 

I'd Rather Write



© 2012 I'd Rather Write


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Looking forward to reading your observations and life wisdom. Thank you for be willing to share with us here.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

210 Views
1 Review
Added on December 29, 2011
Last Updated on January 2, 2012


Author

I'd Rather Write
I'd Rather Write

Aurora, IL



About
I'm just a simple, low-profile guy who loves and worships the Lord, who finds value in working hard to obtain a better life for his family, who loves to write, and who lives a portion of his weekly li.. more..

Writing