Nor a teen nor a woman

Nor a teen nor a woman

A Story by Valeriya Nahirnyak
"

I tend to express my everyday experience and this is based on a little detail of yesterday, 31st December. HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!!

"

Recently I noticed a strong desire to smile whenever I was called by "woman". As a 16 year-old I don't look alike; both my body and mind are as much developed as a 18 year-old young woman's, if not older. I have the same needs as women ( I mean real women, not those who are just looking for a hook up at every corner): I care about my appearance (the unwished pimples, the accidental excess of make-up, clothing and accessorizing, etc.) I care about my career which yet isn't formed because I'm still in High School and I'm still building the bases of my future but yet I'm looking forward to be successful at this building-time of my life because I want to be independent from my parents, from the money about whom everyone seems to be upset and obsessed. I want to be free, successful and happy, as a modern woman has to be, because as a young woman I probably will just be called woman without a young label only when I turn 30/35 because that's the age when everybody should be settled down with their home and husband and kids and those are the expectations built by our modern society. I'm not sure whether I will or not follow the pattern, because nowadays the times have changed. A woman isn't just a nanny or a maid or a baby-caring body; yes, of course women have the gift of life, yes, we can give birth but that doesn't mean we have to be locked in your homes which we clean and make look cosy in order to take care of our kids. You see, the things nowadays have a different way of being: before having 5 kids, we should talk about it: whether we have or have not time or money to afford them and then when we have them we should be able to succeed at both life situations: being perfect as a mother and be a successful worker and of course, a successful wife because we must not forget that men also need attention and if they don't get it they tend  to find themselves lovers and women who are successful as moms and workers are broken-hearted. So not everything's perfect .. Then there's that social pattern about men making more money than women. Nowadays, that God, this point has improved, because women earn as much as man or even more and that contributes to equalize men and women, but when women earn more money than men they seem to feel more powerful, but on the other side men feel inferior than women and this is a perfect start for an affair or a home fight. My point here is that no how much a woman or a man earn they should have a talk about this, because it was not the money that brought them together, it was love which can't be bought even will all the money in the world. And if a woman is in a marriage is successful professionally, her man should celebrate it with her because besides being with a gorgeous, good looking, smart woman she is your woman and she is succeed not only in your relationship but also at her job, so instead of complaining how much she hasn't stopped at home and finding a toy who may give you attention while your diva is out, you should get your a*s of the sofa, call her asking what time she'll be home, buy her a bouquet of roses, prepare a nice dinner under the sound of romantic music and buy her a little gift. She may not be home often, but believe me she will be glad to come home after a hard day at work.

© 2014 Valeriya Nahirnyak


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

200 Views
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on January 1, 2014
Last Updated on January 25, 2014
Tags: women, freedom, equality, valérie

Author

Valeriya Nahirnyak
Valeriya Nahirnyak

Portugal



About
16, an occasional passion for writing came alone when I was "competing" for the the title of who fulfills more paper sheets with my colleague Rafael (damn, I got a good memory - giggles). This passion.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Bigot Bigot

A Poem by Muse


Hiding Hiding

A Poem by Sarah F-W





Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114