The beginning.

The beginning.

A Chapter by Iliana Peters

I remember the first time I saw them, it was the year 3030. I was ten years old, living in the small town of Okawa just on the coast of Calahur, small for my age but just tall enough to reach up onto the window ledge and peer through the curtains. There were storms all summer and my father thought the terrible weather might scare them away, the kind of weather that uprooted Wisper trees and tore down roofs, the ice was coming down so hard it could leave  dents in your skin, nobody dared go out in weather like this, nobody but the Giants of course.  I remember how graceful they looked, these thin, tall alien like creatures, skimming the skyline, kissing the tops of the Taoka trees. The weather which to us meant devastation, weeks of rebuilding lives, businesses and schools seemed to mean better things for them. Nourishment, excitement, hope.

My father told me many stories on days like these. He told me of the Giants and how they came here to settle down hundreds of years ago. The death of the sun in 2020  which left the world irreparably damaged, practically wiping out the human race and how life had to start again and then even before that when humans had the ability to live in climates of 15 degrees and above, where there was an ocean, warmth and stars. Nevertheless, nobody alive had ever experienced those things, only read about them in books or watched them in fantasy films, it was never our truth, our race was to experience something different, something bigger.


I am telling this story as an old woman with nothing else to lose you see. It does not bother me much if they find this book because in due course I will  be dead. I am telling this story for the good of the world and hope that in years to come, people will find out about my writings and teach them to generations upon generations of hybrids and humans, and that hopefully one day we will all learn to live and love in peace. One day.


© 2014 Iliana Peters


Author's Note

Iliana Peters
ignore grammar, VERY rough

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

interesting concept, workable idea. She sounds a bit didactic in the last paragraph. I want to know more about the giants. Would you request that I read your next instalment? Thanks.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Iliana Peters

9 Years Ago

Thanks, its really here and there at the moment. I wrote it on a whim and im not sure where I want t.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

303 Views
1 Review
Added on July 2, 2014
Last Updated on July 2, 2014
Tags: fantasy, giants, supernatural, love, romance


Author

Iliana Peters
Iliana Peters

United Kingdom



About
Creative writer, cat lover, hedonist. more..

Writing