Prison Life - (not official)

Prison Life - (not official)

A Book by Gemma Hillhouse
"

Jimmy Higgins, a recently unemployed Scottish man, is sent to prison for the murder of James Miller, a popular, ladies man. Is Jimmy as innocent as he says he is?

"

No Chapters


© 2012 Gemma Hillhouse


Author's Note

Gemma Hillhouse
*Just a v/ short section from a story I've just started writing. Want to get opinions, honest feedback. How can I improve it. I know there may be spelling mistakes for the time being, I'm not bothered about that.*

My Review

Would you like to review this Book?
Login | Register




Reviews

*Sorry - not letting me upload it. Here it is.*

- As Jimmy Higgins paced the perimeter of his small, dusty cell for the twentyith time that morning he once again thought about the reason why those b******s locked him up: for the crime he never did commit.
'You will serve twenty years to life...'
'...without the possibility of parole.'
But, of course, every one says they didn't do it, there's always one person who pleads guilty; probably the reason no one believed him no matter how many times he told his side of the story, had given his alibi. The jury came to the verdict that he was guilty and that was that. One less murderer in prison. Everyone, your children are safe. And he, Jimmy, knew from the start that there would be no parole. But to live out the next twenty years of his life in this shithole was unthinkable. He wouldn't do it. There must be someone out there who could get him out, there had to be.
Or I could escape. At least try. You know, like all those bigshots who don't think they belong in this environment either.
But Jimmy wasn't a bigshot. He was tall and skinny, skinnier than he should be for a thirty-one year old. He's had little hair since he turned twenty one, not that he looked after it any way, and his un-shaven face makes him look, slightly, mad. Maybe I am mad. It's this goddamn place that's making me mad.
He sat down on the sodden bed, morose-looking, and stared at the floor. There was nothing clean about this place. The walls were graffitied - how many criminals had this cell endured? The floor was damp from the leak in the celing and sometimes you would see the odd insect scuttling around - trying to find a new home? There wasn't even a goddamn clean sheet on the bed. I'd rather live in hell he thought. Why couldn't they send him some place clean? He wasn't asking for a five-star hotel. This was never on his to-do list, not to end up in prison.
Jimmy got placed on Block D in Hemmington Prison. There was only two more guys on the block, quiet, but looked insane. There was three cells on either side on the floor and a door at the end that lead out into the court yard, and which would also get opened more than a few times a day when the guards were checking in on them, feeding them. There was no big cafiteria for the prisoners. They either ate in their cell, or didn't eat at all.
The door at the furthest end of the prison block was never used. Jimmy didn't know what was behind it. Storage maybe? A padded room incase someone got out of control? He didn't dare ask any of the guards on their passing.
Mind your own f*****g business.
We ask the questions you sonofabitch.


Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

169 Views
1 Review
Added on August 2, 2012
Last Updated on August 2, 2012
Tags: crime, fiction, drama, short, nothing

Author

Gemma Hillhouse
Gemma Hillhouse

Glasgow, Lanarkshire, United Kingdom



About
I'm 18 years old. I love to read a lot and I love to write. It would be a dream to see my writing in bookstores. more..

Writing