In which I am a dunce.

In which I am a dunce.

A Story by Ash.

My nerves always seem to get the best of me. This evening, I went to the library, obviously to "rent" some books, and to hopefully speak to Michael. When I pulled into the library, I was shaking horribly, due to my shyness. Thinking that it would pass after I walked around, I continued my trudge up the stairs. After renewing my membership, I caught a glance of Michael, and ran to the "Non-Fiction" section, and then scolded myself for being so silly. I wandered around, found two great political books, the Garden State DVD, and two Beethoven CD's. By this time, I felt guilty for being so shy, so, I walked up to the front counter to check-out, and say hello. Sadly, my nerves kicked right back in, and I left not saying a word to Michael. I did get my books, though. Anyways, Michael, if you read this, I am terribly sorry for not saying, "Hello".

I made a terrible decision on my way home: I drove down third street. Now, you may be wondering why a street would mean so much. Well, it's not so much the street as it is a certain building. The five seconds that it took to drive-by, honest to God felt like a lifetime. I experienced longing, hatred, sadness, guilt, love, and compassion, within that short time span. My heart is still beating a million miles per hour, and I feel as if I could become ill. I have avoided that street since May 9th. Oh well, it was my ignorant decision.

The past, I curse. It keeps creeping slowly back into my mind, and it is merciless. Why am I so pathetic?

© 2008 Ash.


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

144 Views
Added on July 10, 2008

Author

Ash.
Ash.

Williamstown, WV



About
My name is Ashton; I live and breathe complexity and stubbornness. Lameness is an epic talent of mine. Some call me interesting, I beg to differ. You know that person that is always lost, and never di.. more..

Writing
Nicotine. Nicotine.

A Story by Ash.