"The fear of becoming a 'has been' keeps some people from becoming anything." - Eric Hoffer

"The fear of becoming a 'has been' keeps some people from becoming anything." - Eric Hoffer

A Story by Ash.

I am in the most peculiar mood. As I sit here staring into my coffee cup, watching the creamer create beautiful designs, my mind begins to wander:

In a month, I am heading to college to hopefully become a music teacher and a political journalist. But, what if those plans fail? What if I do not receive a job out of college? I will have bills and loans to pay off, yet with no money, what shall I do?

The thought of loneliness has been gripping my mind and refuses to let go. Will I end up alone, with no companion? I long for the embrace of a hug and a warm kiss on the lips, just because. Oh, I am trying to be patient, but I feel as if time is running out.
Will I become someone? Will I make a difference? Will I make it? Will I find someone?

All of these questions, plus many more, are constantly racing through my mind. I need answers.

© 2008 Ash.


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

The amazing thing about this piece, is that we have all been in that situation at one point or another. Contemplating the same thought.

Posted 15 Years Ago


You sound in despair. But you're concentrating on what you don't have rather than what you do. The easiest thing is to dream of something you don't have. Much harder is to find a way of making your dreams come true.


Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

113 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 16, 2008

Author

Ash.
Ash.

Williamstown, WV



About
My name is Ashton; I live and breathe complexity and stubbornness. Lameness is an epic talent of mine. Some call me interesting, I beg to differ. You know that person that is always lost, and never di.. more..

Writing
Nicotine. Nicotine.

A Story by Ash.