~NEVER~

~NEVER~

A Poem by IMOGEAN

"NEVER--let anyone's personal views on poetry or writing, sway you from creating. Sometimes, even great minds can be wrong. If it moves you, then keep writing! Not every great poet was born a great poet, some had to evolve with experience."   

© 2008 IMOGEAN


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wise words indeed.

Posted 16 Years Ago


Very well put, it takes time to be good at anything. The harder we work at it the better we get.

Posted 16 Years Ago


Yes. Writing is first and foremost for you, the writer. If someone does not care for your art, then they should just move along. I think I'll hang...like your stuff. I love Enya and Enigma, by the way. Looking forward to seeing your old stuff, and your new stuff, back in this cafe.

Posted 16 Years Ago


Very good advice. The wellspring seems to be the urgent need to express in words. The craft comes along. There is a rhythm to words that can be learned through practice. The ability to bare oneself seems to be the heart part as well. Anyhow...I am really glad you said this so well.

Posted 16 Years Ago


Amen!!!!!!! I've written all my life I think, but I look back and laugh at my old stuff. I write for the pure love of writing and the emotions that it helps me express or release! It's for me! If it resignates with someone else, all the better! :)

Posted 16 Years Ago



3
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

719 Views
25 Reviews
Added on February 7, 2008
Last Updated on March 25, 2008

Author

IMOGEAN
IMOGEAN

Chico, California, CA



About
The aim of life is to live, and to live means to be aware, joyously, serenely, divinely aware... And this is why I write: AWARENESS... It is not in the moment that I tasted the delicacies of life .. more..

Writing
Trust Trust

A Poem by IMOGEAN



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Fly Fly

A Poem by Victoria Lee~