The Diversities Of "Love"

The Diversities Of "Love"

A Poem by IMOGEAN

 

Love is all heart, yet so very heartless

love is compassionate and kind,

Loyal and ruthless

Love can equal happiness or misery

It can be the light that makes all worth while

Or a darkness overshadowing all other things

Love is impatient yet graceful,

It is unrelenting and unconditional.

Love is forgiving yet never forgets

Death itself cannot steal love away

Yes- Love lasts forever


© 2007 IMOGEAN  

 

 

© 2008 IMOGEAN


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

i have known love with the warmth said above
it has also been cruel as i fought life's duel
you say what we feel because it is real
the only way i can praise what you say
is let me hear more of your wonerful score

Posted 16 Years Ago


This is the bomb, baby! You nailed it perfectly!

love is compassionate and kind,
Loyal and ruthless - ABSOSTINKINGLUTELY!

Yes! Great job! Terrific write!


Posted 16 Years Ago


I'm going to be contrary to most of the reviewers below and say I disagree with the juxstapositions of what we typically think of as positive and negative aspects of anything. I don't believe ove is 'heartless' or 'ruthless' or any of the other negatives. Sorry, but I just don't agree. Now from a poetic POV I think the juxstapositions work well. I don't have to agree in order to say 'well done'.

T'SaS

Posted 16 Years Ago


Disclaimer - I don't like critiquing poetry because someone pours their heart and soul into writing something that just sings to them. Then they show it to me, and because I don't have the same emotional triggers or life experiences, I don't feel what they feel. I look at their creation like a surgeon looks at a patient. It's not the little boy with bright eyes who loves cherry icees, it's a body that has a malfuntioning spleen. I don't know your poem or what brought it to life on the page. I only know what sounds right to my ears. So please ... take my crit with that grain of salt.

One of things I do is to allow my text reader read poetry. That way, the poem is read with all of the pauses and stops that the poet intended. When I did this, it felt like there was some punctuation missing. This is problematic for us readers because you know what your poem sounds like. It was you who wrote it. Your minds ear has heard the poem many times. Without punctuation, we don't know where the stops and pauses are. The punctuation tells us how you mean for us to read it, how we should hear it.

I had the feeling that the only line that you didn't want to stop or pause at the end was line number five. If that is indeed the case, then there are some commas and/or periods missing.

Also, in line five, I think in you want "worthwhile" all one word as opposed to "worth while"

On the subject of content ... I like this poem very much. It touches on the razor's edge between love and hate without specifically referencing hate and it also alludes to the classic definition from St. Paul's letter to the Ephesians quite nicely.

Posted 16 Years Ago


Love it and every word is truth.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
Wow! Incredible write!! I totally agree as well. Indeed, romantic in many ways. Wonderful expressions you have. Beautiful :)

Mikey

Posted 16 Years Ago


Indeed, indeed it does...
last forever.

I like this concise write.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Lovely! : )
Romantic Love h=is the subject here it seems..
I think it is just fantastic!

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

So true..So pure...
Death itself cannot steal love away..yes..love lasts forever!
What lasts when we're gone...why we are here..what made us a human..or God..what this life is for?
It's the only answer to all the questions..the only truth of life.
Love. Love. Love.
So very true a poem..an overpoured heart.
Bless you...

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

So beautifully expressed.

Love is all heart, yet so very heartless

Loved the beginning.
"WOW" is all that I can say.


Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

563 Views
23 Reviews
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 23, 2008
Last Updated on February 23, 2008

Author

IMOGEAN
IMOGEAN

Chico, California, CA



About
The aim of life is to live, and to live means to be aware, joyously, serenely, divinely aware... And this is why I write: AWARENESS... It is not in the moment that I tasted the delicacies of life .. more..

Writing
Trust Trust

A Poem by IMOGEAN