Don't you hate feeling the need to chase desired emotions?

Don't you hate feeling the need to chase desired emotions?

A Poem by Richard Hoover

It was a Sunday night these two lovers sat entrapped in each other's beautiful existence. But as the night turned to day the shadows on there face washed away both of them decided it's best not to stay,oh it's so funny how quickly the miserable thing we call love can change . The boy went on to chase that feeling that left when the relationship broke at the registers till. And still after years of trying to love a new idea the boy never got that same sensation. First times tend to create the Most desirable of Human emotions.Oh but that girl fared far worse than the unsatisfied boy.She left the room feeling broken and alone so she chased a thrill that would start with bottles of unprescribed pills and end with the over usage of needles passed around in a strangers back room.She sought after these highs because she felt boys would never truly hold her high. So instead of getting married and dying old she sold her body to strangers in run down hotel rooms just to reach that next thrill of being alive.But if you give a writer a pencil they'll stop when they'll stop when the paper fills out,however when you give a addict the chance to chase their high they'll indulged the demon till the only thing that's left is a lifeless corpse left on the side of some back alley street.

© 2016 Richard Hoover


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

71 Views
Added on June 10, 2016
Last Updated on June 10, 2016

Author

Richard Hoover
Richard Hoover

Tumwater, WA



About
I write a lot of random stuff honestly I would love to think I'm good but I'm pretty bad. more..

Writing