I've been standing outside your memory, looking in...

I've been standing outside your memory, looking in...

A Poem by InkSlinger




I've been standing outside your memory, looking in...

                 I've been looking for meaning, finding none,

Crying inside my heart, always holding back...

                 I've been seeking hope, without faith...

I've been holding this bagful of sorrow, without feeling,

                  Speaking of love, without articulating...


Waiting for you to come home, knowing you won't
...

© 2011 InkSlinger


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Now aint love a b***h.........you write how once I felt.......with feeling and deep emotion, your pen leaves ink blots of pure hearts blood upon the sheet... :O)

always your friend Linear

Posted 11 Years Ago


wow how sad...you don't even keep me in your memory...i hold hope of you coming home to me...and yet i am not even a slight thought in your mind...

this tears my heart out when i read it...

"holding a bagful of sorrow"

it's what you left me...

tight, compact with an impact...

jacob

Posted 11 Years Ago


First, the title got me.. I wanted to know more of this poem. You said so much, made me feel so much with this short poem. I am sad, because I know this feeling, so well, yes I do. You did such a great job with this poem, it moves me and hits close to home.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Short. But conveying such a broad range of emotion. I know exactly how this feels. Wanting to reach out but always stopping just before you do, for fear of hurting again. Wonderful piece.

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
?
This is an amazing piece, although very heartbrakingly sad. But relatable in so many ways.
I am one of those that cry inside my heart, always holding back. Holding the biggest bag of sorrow. I seek hope but have learned that you have to have the faith in order to find the hope.
Filled with emotions, a very heartfelt piece.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I like this. I can relate to the emotions in this. Nice write.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I learn 23 years ago. Negative words leave us a lone and create a bridge we can't repair. I understand this poem. When you piss someone off and close door to friendship. Hard to get forgiveness. Your words powerful and filled with emotion. Thank you for the amazing poetry.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


Far out lol. You know when you read something and the mind creates the rest of the sentence before the eyes see it...I thought you were going to say you were standing outside with a bag of bagels!!! So funny. Good stuff. Thanks for the laugh.

Posted 12 Years Ago


You paint a brilliant image of the close distance between two people.. lives coming undone... Your words weave the most wondrous glimpses that are emotionally vivid.

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Roe
i thought this was really good then ending is my favor it

Posted 12 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

720 Views
23 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on October 18, 2011
Last Updated on October 18, 2011

Author

InkSlinger
InkSlinger

Out there, somewhere.., NH



About
I write... therefore I am... Life comes with no guarantees, warranties, or manuals. Just live it the best way you know how!! There are no stupid questions in life, so ask for help when you need it... more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Goodbye Goodbye

A Poem by OT


Curious Alice Curious Alice

A Poem by OT


Black Swan Black Swan

A Poem by OT