inconsequential

inconsequential

A Story by intothestars
"

The worst thing in the world isn't dying, it's living and being completely insignificant.

"
Inconsequential. Unimportant or insignificant. Your greatest fear, now realized. Wake up in the morning, why are you awake? Nobody cares if you sleep or wake up. So just sleep. Forever? Get out of bed, what for? You're not going to achieve anything or affect anyone. Go eat? You don't need food, you want to starve, don't you? Starve then. It doesn't matter anyway. You don't matter. Light a cigarette. What, it gives you cancer and shortens your life? Light yourself another then. Or maybe ten. Nobody cares. Go on the internet. See how the ones who used to such a big part of your life are living happily without you. That's because you're inconsequential, if you didn't already know. They don't need you, why would they? You're nothing. You have a friend to talk to? Oh that's GREAT. Now you just have to deal with the gripping fear that your "friend" is gonna see how insignificant you are, and leave you just like everyone else did. There are so many people better than you in every way, why would anyone want you? Just be alone. Just live your meaningless life day by day until the end. You will never have any impact on anyone's life. You will never amount to anything. How can you? You're inconsequential. It's your birthday? Hey, happy birthday. Too bad nobody cares. How about you celebrate your birthday all alone in tears? Oh you did that already. Why are you talking? You shouldn't talk. Because you're inconsequential. Nothing you say has any meaning and will ever have any meaning. So just shut up. Keep your unimportant nonsensical thoughts to yourself. You think you have a mental illness? Oh, right. Nobody cares. Don't you wish the illness would just consume you? Let your brain go on autopilot. Because you can't handle it anymore. No, you're not ugly, you're not annoying and you're not a bad person. You're just INCONSEQUENTIAL. And that's the worst thing you can possibly be. Worse than being dead, worse than any kind of torture.

© 2016 intothestars


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

122 Views
Added on January 18, 2016
Last Updated on January 18, 2016
Tags: sad, depression, lonely, dark