On Her Deathbed

On Her Deathbed

A Chapter by Allan
"

Victoria Peters is dying of Cancer. She is unwillingly given the only way out of death.

"

                                    There has only ever been two doors

at the prescence of death.

   Now There is a third door

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 1 

Victoria Peters was on her way to the hospital on a sunny wednesday morning. The heat was blaring down upon her car 11:30 and it was already 85 degrees. With a small sweat forming beads of cool against her skin she pulled into the parking lot of the hospital.

As she entered the hospital doors a wave of cool air overcame her. She sighed with relief. Enjoying the fresh tasting air. Moving her way up to the front desk she checked in for her 12 o'clock appointment. She sat down in an overstuffed faux leather chair.

After about 10 minutes of waiting a woman in a white jacket with blue shirt and blue pants underneathe called out her name.

"Peters, Victoria." The Nurse chided. Victoria stood up and walked towards the nurse. "Follow me please." The Nurse said. She smiled at her. This was her second appointment. Last week she had came because of a blood test that she recieved after a startling incident on night.

That night she had been walking down East Street. Her shoes making high thumps against the ground. The air warm with summer. Her purse draped over her shoulder to make it easier for her hands. When she saw a shadow. There was a man standing at the corner. She couldn't see any of his features just a rough outline. She turned and walked down a street.

Not out of fear. Just because she tried to avoid strange human contact at night. After only a few seconds what appeared to be the same outline of a man down at the corner. This frightened her.

"Hello?!" She called out to him. No answer. Unless his steps forward were it. "Wh-who are you?" She called again. He walked towards her more briskly. The last thing she knew she was staring into the hard white eyes of a gruesome man.

The next morning she woke up in her bed. Two puncture marks on her neck were bloodied, but not bleeding. Curious she called the doctor for an immediate appointment.

"Ah...Victoria. Yes I was eager to see you today." Doctor Ralsh said as she walked into the statantly white room. "I have some terrible yet intriguing news for you." He said with a grim smile on his face. He walked around to a counter where a folder with her name was written at the top lay. He opened it and pulled out a single piece of paper. He handed it to her.

Victoria stared at the paper for 5 long excruciating minutes. 12 days to live. Lung cancer so bad that it was caught way too late. Only 12 days. The thought pumped through her veins. Every beat of her heart said. "You're going to die."

"I'm so very sorry Victoria." Doctor Ralsh said. Victoria moved to a chair and sat down. Her breathing became heavy. Sweat rolled down in thick beads even in the cold atmosphere of the room. Victoria gasped once. Twice. On the third gasp she collapsed from the chair to the floor as tears began to make trails down her cheeks.

 



© 2008 Allan


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

ooh! likeeeey

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

134 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 17, 2008
Last Updated on June 10, 2008


Author

Allan
Allan

Santa Rosa, CA



About
Fun person. Love writing fantasy and first person perspective view more..

Writing