Bird Attack

Bird Attack

A Story by Ashlee
"

my cousin actually got attacked by a bird...but not like this. I just had to write a small peice on this subject because it is so hilarious.

"

   Carlie Jo looked around at the houses as she rode down the street on her brand new 10-speed bike. She had just came from the bike shop having spent four hundred dollars on her new ride.

   “Man, it’s hot.” She stopped and put a foot on the ground so she wouldn’t harm her bike. She watched as two little kids played in the front yard of an old house. They ran over and over through a sprinkler system. Carlie giggled and continued on her journey. She took a quick glance at the sports watch resting on her right hand. It was 6 o’clock and she had to hurry home. She was late and that was bad.

   She sped along the road as fast as she could. It was a good thing she wasn’t walking or she would never make it home in time for supper. She came to a sudden halt as she noticed a small orange bird in the middle of her path. She inched up to it ever so slowly.

   “Awe, you poor thing. Where’s your mom?” Her question was soon answered as a larger version of the baby bird came swooping down. It fluttered in front of her face and squealed loudly. It’s feathers reared up and it began to peck at her. Carlie screamed and flew off her new bike and landed face down on the ground. She tried to get up and run but found her legs tangled in the chain and wheel. She kicked at it until finally she was free. She ran, the bird still attacking her.

   “Help me.” Her voice was muffled as she tripped and landed in the dirt. She huddled into a tight ball form and prayed that the monster would leave.

   Suddenly, everything was quiet. She looked up and over at her bike. It was on its side just laying next to the baby bird. Carlie’s eyes filled with tears.

   “I’m leaving my bike.” She got up and walked away leaving behind a four hundred dollar bike that she had paid for with her own money. “I’ll buy another one later.” She continued home, ready to walk the six miles. It was going to be a long night of explaining things.

© 2008 Ashlee


Author's Note

Ashlee
aside from being short how was it?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

interesting metaphor;
i wish you could know how I feel about this one; but you can't, or you would, and then it wouldn't be a metaphor.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

153 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 8, 2008

Author

Ashlee
Ashlee

Yukon, OK



About
I love to write stories and poems. I write about lost love and hard times. I am a bit sadistic in my writings sometimes. So if you read my work don't think that I have gone through things. I read peop.. more..

Writing
Whispers Whispers

A Poem by Ashlee


Fun Fun

A Story by Ashlee