July 8

July 8

A Chapter by Jessica L. W.

Well, I got her. I have been watching her for years. I finally got the courage to talk to her, but she seems to like Erik. Jerk, I've loved her first! She gave me her number, I guess I should text her now, but what should I say? 'Hi?' no too simple, “Hey Babe?' no she doesn't like me calling her Babe, “Hello Snow?” yeah, I guess that works... for now.

Dakotah

 

I woke up, smiling, the soreness of my wrist weren't there. How could Dakotah do this to me? My dream was different too. It was me and Dakotah, on the playground swings, smiling and laughing, and we had our first kiss. I don't deserve someone like him, but I'm thankful I got him.

 

My phones flashing, a text message, from Dakotah, from one in the morning. I think about that golden hair, and I smile even wider.

Hi Dakotah

 

What u doing 2nite???

 

Moms b-day

 

C U l8r?

 

I hope

 

I walk out of my room, my Mom's folding laundry, “Happy birthday!” I smile.

 

Mom stares at me in surprise, “Are you alright? Have I ever seen you smile?” She puts her hand on my head.

 

From behind my back, I take out a small bag. Mom opens it, and smiles, “Cucumber melon, Thank you dear!” She hugs me, and for the first time in a while, I hug back.

 

Mom let's go, “So, what's with the change in behavior?”

 

I, met a guy, can I go see him?” I smile.

 

Mom stares at me, “Whoever this guy is, I approve already, when do I meet him?” She grins.

 

I don't know.” I take out my cell phone.

Meet me in prk by mall in 1 hr

 

c u thr

 

I walk back I into my room, I put on a purple tank-top with a black spider web on it, a black mini-skirt and fish-net tights. I put on some silver eye-liner and black lip-stick.

 

I walk back into the living-room and put on my black studded jacket.

 

Snow?” I look at Mom.

 

Yes?”

 

Don't have too much fun.”

 

I smile, “I'm not you, Mom.”

 

I know, but still.”

 

Yes, Mom.” I walk out the front door, I don't even mind the brightness today, is Dakotah good for me? I get in my car and drive towards the park.


I wait in the parking lot, standing against my car. I'm ten minutes early. I watch two kids playing with a ball. There's this little girl with a pink bow watching them. Why isn't she playing?

 

It's around noon, I wipe the sweat off my forehead, a

convertible parks next to my car, two heads? One is Dakotah's golden shine, but the other, is black, and in a ponytail. Great, he's got a girlfriend.

 

Dakotah get's out and slams the door behind him, the black ponytail gets out, that is not a girl. He's friend had a scary face, black eyes, pale skin, very tall, and very muscular, I guess about nineteen, maybe

 

Hey, Snow.” Dakotah smiles at me.

 

Hi, Dakotah, who's this?” I look at ponytail.

 

Who?” Dakotah looks behind him, “Oh, him, this is Randy, my half-brother. Randy, this is Snow.” Dakotah waves his hand at me.

 

Randy nods, his eyes, they looked like they had no feeling, or that the feeling was sucked out.

 

So, Snow, why did you want to meet me here?” I look at Dakotah, he grins.

 

Well, if this ends successively, there may be hope for you.” I smile at him.

 

Randy walks away, he walks up to the two kids playing and the little girl who's not, and I guess he lectures the two kids to let the little girl play.

 

Dakotah grabs my hand, my face turns red, I look up at him, he's also blushing.

 

We start to walk, Dakotah mumbles something.

 

What you say?” I look at him, he's a brighter red than before.

 

I-I-I uh, never mind.” He looks away.

 

Don't be nervous.” The breeze carries the scent of grass and sweat, speaking of sweat, Dakotah's hand was sweaty, it was all I could do not to pull it away.

 

It's kinda hard, I'm holding the hand of a beautiful girl.” He isn't looking at me, but he squeezes my hand for a second. I smile and rest my head on his shoulder.

 

You've been in my dreams for a while.” Why did I say that? I was hoping to keep it a secret!

 

Really? Even before we met?” We stop walking, I nod.

 

Yeah, you were always saving my life.” I'm scared, what if he thinks I'm crazy?

 

What do you mean, saving your life?” He sounds worried.

 

That's a story for another time.”

 

Dakotah sighs, “Fine, you promise though right?”

 

Yes.” We walk to the swings,

 

I sit down in a swing, I look up at Dakotah, he's still giving me that worried look.

 

May I help you?” I ask.

 

By saving your life, you mean someone is after you?” Dakotah looks a little scared,

 

I laugh, “No, no one is after me.” I flash my incisors at him,

he grins. Dakotah sits in the swing next to me.

 

I look around the park, it's about noon, there are about six kids playing, and three other families having picnics, Randy is now playing with those three kids and the ball, he's smiling. He would make a good father.

 

His wife and daughter died in childbirth.” I hear Dakotah say, my eyes widen.

 

Randy notices me staring, he gets the no feeling look in his eyes, a mother comes and drags away the little girl, the other two kids follow. Randy is left all alone, again.

 

Randy sits under a pavilion, poor guy. I look at Dakotah, he's staring at me.

 

He-” I start, but Dakotah cuts me off with a kiss. I feel electricity shoot through my body. When he broke away, all I could do was smile.

 

I- uh, I need to go.” Dakotah jumps up and runs towards Randy, they leave the park, leaving me at the swings, alone.



© 2012 Jessica L. W.


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

179 Views
Added on January 28, 2012
Last Updated on January 28, 2012


Author

Jessica L. W.
Jessica L. W.

Dupo, IL



Writing
July 7 July 7

A Chapter by Jessica L. W.


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Jessica L. W.