Preface

Preface

A Chapter by Ian P. Albrecht

Writing about music is like trying to describe abstract art to a man who's been blind from birth. The world of music has its own language, its own vocabulary, even its own symbolic alphabet to convey pitch, duration, and length of notes along with volume, speed, tempo, and many other nuanced variations. Even if you can read and understand it, you still cannot completely convey the feelings and emotions communicated by the performance of a song. It is that impossible-to-explain element that makes the difference between a soul-stirring execution and a cold, dry, robotic recitation. While the author will do his best to convey the unconveyable, his efforts will fall short. For this reason, every song referenced will include the artist and song title in the footnotes so you can search for and listen to the song yourself. Doing so will hopefully enhance your reading experience.



© 2017 Ian P. Albrecht


Author's Note

Ian P. Albrecht
The goal is improvement, not approval. All constructive feedback, both positive and negative, is welcomed.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

58 Views
Added on August 21, 2017
Last Updated on October 17, 2017
Tags: fiction, music


Author

Ian P. Albrecht
Ian P. Albrecht

About
Believe it or not, I'm neither an avid reader or writer at heart. I just have these stories in my head that I have to get out, kind of like that alien baby coming out of the guy's stomach. more..

Writing