Colour

Colour

A Story by Irfaan
"

This happens all too often.

"

I watch the street light shining passing beneath it. The music brings the street to life, the lights dance with me, and I with them. A distant unimportant flicker. The headlights of something. I stop. The light turns red, I begin to cross the road. The bass, amplified through my headphones. I check for oncoming traffic, nothing. I approach a second crossing, the amber light shines distinct, it readies me. Suddenly, an electrifying roar. A vehicle in the distance, speeding for sure. It breaks the red light. I shoot back, almost falling onto the beige floor beneath me. The vehicle was bright, in your face as if it were flaunting its feathers, a bright blue blur. As the vehicle passes, I hear, shouting at the top of their lungs, “Get out of the road you paki!” the music becomes powerless, the lights dim. The darkness of the night becomes present.

© 2017 Irfaan


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

So descriptive....Nice work.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

quite dreamy... and unique. i would like to read more. check grammar first 2 lines.

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

276 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 18, 2016
Last Updated on January 30, 2017
Tags: Race

Author

Irfaan
Irfaan

United Kingdom



About
I write short stories about my experiences. more..

Writing
Interact Interact

A Story by Irfaan


Holi Hai Holi Hai

A Story by Irfaan