further misadventures...

further misadventures...

A Story by The Shortcomings & Goings Of Mr. B. Griffin

Fredrick turned to me one day and asked "Is it too simple a task for love to be complete."

"By complete, do you mean, successful? Marriage, kids, house?"

"No, just that it feels like its not completely hopeless, but completely hopeful. Love that makes me wake up everyday and notice that i'm in love. A love that makes me feel like, i can conquer things."


I pondered quietly in my chair, staring blankly at Fredrick, trying desperately to come up with an answer.

"Isn't love just a concept we live on in order to build our lack of happiness unto to give ourselves a chance at surviving our lives?" I ask.

"No, you must realize that love is a swirl in the breeze, love is the songs we whistle, love is our heartbeat."

"But can't all of that also be heartbreak?"

"How can you be so jaded? Have you not yet felt the joy of love, yes it does come with sorrow, but so much joy can be found within its time spent with you. They say love is a many splendores thing."

"I'm sorry Fredrick, I think my lack of experience in this aspect of life leads me to believe that love is like your concept of Half price books. We are all simply discard by those who don't want us, then someone else comes along to pick us back up, then they've realize they've read our story before. So they pretend they are justified in our returning of us to 'single' in order to browse more closely at the other merchandise."

"Truthfully dear friend, while you may just very well be right, that is no reason to get discouraged with it. It will ultimately work for you."

"Work for me? More like work for them. The corrupt minds of souls who deem me, unapproachable, or unattractive, or completely mad, those are the souls who run Love, like it is a factory, produced for the ones involved who can master it. It is not made for those who are unlucky with it, those who aren't worthy for it. Serial killers kill because Love avoids them, if only those serial killers knew that someone somewhere could have loved them, but the gambit we place on these tidings make it near impossible to achieve what we truely desire. Acceptance, consideration, and affection."

"I feel sorry for you my friend, I really do."

© 2008 The Shortcomings & Goings Of Mr. B. Griffin


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I reallly like it. I actually wrote something similar called Vital Vessels Indicates. You might want to take a look at it to get another perspective on love.

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

127 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 5, 2008

Author

The Shortcomings & Goings Of Mr. B. Griffin
The Shortcomings & Goings Of Mr. B. Griffin

Dallas, TX



About
No person, living or dead, was harmed in the making of the madness in my mind. favorite writers: Leonard Cohen Franz Kafka Allen Ginsberg Charles Bukowski Trent Reznor Miranda July Gil Scott Heron &.. more..

Writing