1 - welcome to the Acaemy

1 - welcome to the Acaemy

A Chapter by Irli Flyna

''Hey, hey look at her! It's the girl with the eye.'' Hate. 
''Look it's the freak who master Rena took in. The poor thing would've died if not for our merciful master.'' I hate.
 
''Stay away from her or you'll be cursed.'' Kill, kill and rip them apart.

             ***

I got picked for the combined classes this year. I don't know if its good or bad. It proves that you're strong yet it means you get taken away from everything you had and you never get to come back.. From each faction only 3 girls and 1 boy are picked at the age of 15 to be taken away from their school and faction. When that happens they attend special boarding school in no mans land. Here you are trained for the allied army. An army which unites all the factions yet it doesn't belong to any of them. You can volunteer to join but since factions deeply hate each other nobody does. So this system was invented. The army's small yet the strongest are picked and trained. This is called an allied faction also known as P.U.R.E. This faction doesn't belong to either Flynas, Pavilosas, Priventers or Van Pacificas. We only have one leader, the God who is believed looks after all the factions. This thread of believe is the only thing keeping the alliance of factions. Yet this is just what everyone wants to believe. The truth is that there cannot be a war since the first and last time there was one, 11 years ago, a single Darkhearts child destroyed a whole army, using only her sight. This girl is now famous all over Darkhearts. When silent footsteps are heard or long lilac hair is seen, everyone freezes and looks the direction where the sign comes from. Those are the signs describing master Rena's adopted daughter. A beautiful blue eyed vampire. Irli Flyna. Me and my beloved sister Luffie just finished the journey to no man's land. Our car carriage stopped next to the white, building which from now on was meant to be our home. The building was all different shapes. It started with a narrow rectangle and then went up and turned into a round aula and then the next floor was like a square and then the next floor was round again. The butler took our things and left us behind. Since it was 3pm and the sun was shining brightly we had to put on our black uniform capes. The building was fairly small, it looked like it could fit about 15 or 16 large rooms. Although it was small it was richly decorated with white gold doors and windows which looked like the glass was made out of a thin layer of diamond. The grass which crossed the black gate was so green it looked fake. I stopped walking, amazed. Luffie didn’t look half surprised.

‘’C’mon Lacie or we’re goin’ to be late.’’

I snapped out of staring at the stunning building and walked after her to the doors. The inside was pure white. The floor was made from marble an the walls were painted white with little bits of something sticking out which looked like gold. The corridor was long and narrow with lots of pictures in gold frames of people who probably were other pure soldiers. At the end of the corridor was a big pair of doors. We both pushed them together like it was in our custom. The doors led to a room with long stairs covered in red carpet. On the top of the stairs were another doors.  After we opened the doors, even with our capes, we  were blinded by golden light. After we got used to the light we noticed thousand little crystals hanging from the ceiling. We were so amazed by the ceiling of the room that we didn’t notice the rooms other qualities like golden walls or a massive stage. When my eyes set on what was in front of me I saw 14 pairs of eyes looking on me and Luffie. We joined  the crowd of 13 students from all the factions. Only one Darkhearts student was missing. The head teacher looked pretty strict yet there was something about him that suggested he has a nice personality. He was a tall young man with midnight blue, long hair and cat-green eyes. He was probably from Darkhearts faction which now was the smallest and most hated faction in the world. The Head looked at the watch, looking worried.

‘’Well, we can’t wait any longer for the last student let’s start.’’ As soon as he said that the doors opened with a bang and another caped creature came in. As a bad omen the clouds instantly covered the sky. We took off our hoods same did another Darkhearts student with Long silver hair for a boy an rose red lips.’’

‘’Thank you for this big entrance Miss Flyna. Do you always plan to be late?!’’ The teacher was annoyed and all of us moved back one step but the caped girl didn’t even make the slightest move.

‘’I will arrive whenever I want.’’ Saying that the girl took of her cape which instantly showed one blue eye and long purple hair covering another eye.

The head teacher didn’t say anything. It seemed like he despised the girl even though he just met her. Irli looked straight back at the head teacher as if to announce to him he should follow all the rest and fear her or she might kill him.

“My name is Mr. Simons, welcome everybody to our Academy.” When he finished the sentence a hand shot right up with a little click of the fingers, as if the hand wouldn’t bring enough attention. Mr. Simons looked displeased with this interruption yet he still set the gaze of his cat green eyes on the student.

What is it Miss Van Pacifica?” He snapped the first word  so hard it sound more like the noise ruler makes when it snaps in half, sending bits of plastic everywhere.

“What’s the name of our school?” The question was simply formulated but from the girl’s voice and tone it seemed like she was demanding the answer in the nearest 10 second or she will do something bad. She was tall and slender with long rosy pink hair and big, green eyes.

‘’Our school doesn’t have a name miss Yuphie. Since it’s the only pure school it doesn’t need a name so everyone just calls it the academy.” Mr. Simons didn’t have time to answer since the girl with mid-length chestnut coloured hair was a lot quicker.

“Pathetic, what kind of school is this?” A third academy girl answered with two blonde pony tails, each one tied with a purple ribbon and chalk white eyes. The Academy princess shrugged and looked back to the head. 

“In here all of you are the strongest so there will be no fights between factions. This is all for now. I expect to see you here in 2 hours. Your maids will take you to your apartments.”

 A pale creature, most likely a witch, appeared next to us. Other Darkhearts members gathered with us and we started following the maid. We were laid up the stairs. On top was another pair of white doors, just like the ones which we entered the aula through. They led to a small corridor with five different doors. We were directed to the doors on the right with Darkhearts logo on it. After we opened the doors we were amazed how big the place was. Walls were painted dark purple and the floor was made from dark-brown wood while the furniture was made out of Ebony wood, one of the darkest types in the world. The apartment had 3 bedrooms, small kitchen, a living room and two bathrooms. Our baggage was already in one of the bedrooms. Me and Luffie had to share a room yet we didn’t mind. We were like one person after all. Certain amount of time passed when we were unpacking and sorting everything out. When a clock strike 5 pm we had to go down to the aula again. We always seemed to come last, well apart from Irli who always came about 5 minutes late. After everyone gathered Mr. Simons, without a word, started walking up the long stairs, we followed. He led us to the corridor with the five doors were our apartments were placed yet he kept walking forward until he reached the simple white doors opposite the entrance. When he opened them we were led to another floor by another pair of stairs yet those ones were narrow and steep and completely white, like the rest of the room. Upstairs there was something of a classroom, with 4 rows of long desks, the church looking ones like you sometimes see in Universities and Old films. Each of the rows had a certain type of logo on top of it. The Darkhearts logo was placed on the top row. Mr. Simons waited until everyone seated and started explaining the basics.

“This is the only classroom in this school and I’m the only teacher.” Mr. Simons went straight to the facts. If any of you leave the terrain on the school you will be excluded. If any of you are either scared or don’t want to be in this school raise your hand’’ One hand slowly went up. That hand belonged to Irli who was sitting right next to me.  The teacher didn’t seem amused or impressed with Irli’s bravery.

‘’Tough luck miss Flyna.’’ Irli put her hand down and emotionlessly, blankly stared at the teacher.

“You will start classes at 8 am and finish at 2pm. Although there will be some extra lessons mostly there will be normal subjects. That’s it for now. Any questions?” Nobody said anything.

“Good. You may go now. Be here at 8 on time” The teacher looked directly at Irli. And that’s how I spend my first day in the Academy

Lacie Flyna 



© 2012 Irli Flyna


Author's Note

Irli Flyna
Pleas comment and gove me reviews

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is a really good start! I love it! I can't wait to read more. I love your attention to detail and all the beautiful things you describe with such detail. Truly an extraordinary start to a wonderful piece! Like I said, I look forward to reading more! There were only a few spelling errors I found here and there, and maybe some places where you could edit punctuation, but other than that the story is wonderful!

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

197 Views
1 Review
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on December 28, 2012
Last Updated on December 28, 2012
Tags: School, Arrival, Vampires


Author

Irli Flyna
Irli Flyna

London, United Kingdom



Writing