"Ivory Tower House"

"Ivory Tower House"

A Poem by (no es) maria
"

older

"

You know, you're getting older...

 but I don't see you getting...older...you know what i mean? More mature-like, maybe?

Your hair is getting grayer, your eyesight's getting worse, but your hindsight and the insight that goes on and swirls on and on behind those eyes, and in that head.. yeah, I don't see much of a difference....

It hasn't changed much.

You still can't see someone else's point of view and you don't even try. Your argument is: I've got my own shoes to wear, and I don't need to spend a day in his!

(And) it gets so tiring, hearing the same s**t excrete from those cold thin lips for the last eight years.

You're packing up your desk, you're moving out soon. Someone else will move in after taking an oath, a pledge, getting their victory, something I'm too cynical to believe in anymore, alas. Too many branches from my family tree have fallen thanks to the ideologies of you and others before you; never even saw us as human. We were too "red" for your eyes, maybe.

(And all I can say is) you've made your decisions. You've made decisions that, for the f**k-all life of me, I really can't understand. You lived a life I can see circumstances leading to... consequences, I really can't tolerate. All I hope is

once you leave the big ivory tower behind the cherry trees... maybe you'll have some time for introspection. See how many lives are changed, how many children have passed on, won't get a chance to have any of their own. You'll see things in a different light and find new plans for reparation, retribution.

Change, some people call it.

© 2010 (no es) maria


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

100 Views
Added on November 13, 2008
Last Updated on January 25, 2010

Author

(no es) maria
(no es) maria

Milwaukee, WI



About
Pretty language + whatever = a lot of pretty stuff on a page, but I'm still trying to find the beautiful story of things. I like to eat raw fish and raspberries. My interests are vast, one thin.. more..

Writing
dickie dickie

A Poem by (no es) maria