"Retired Pinup"

"Retired Pinup"

A Poem by (no es) maria
"

(yes, I worked at Kmart once.... sigh)

"

                           

There's a woman @ my work, an elderly woman who makes me think of Nancy Sinatra, the woman who once sang "these Boots are made for Walking" and now in her seventies, still hasn't changed her look. She still has long & bouffant blonde hair & long, hot pink fingernails with gems or gold charms embedded in the fingertips. Tanned leather skin. Brown pancake makeup best describes her eyebrows.

 She came back to work after being on medical leave due to a mild heart attack. I tried catching up with her while she was walking away. "Sarah? Sarah! Saaaa-Rahhhh," I said. Not yelling but not whispering. Just quietly calling. She only turned around after I tapped her on the shoulder. She smiled and cried out, "Oh, thank God, it's just YOU!"

 She was thought it was just the voices in her head calling her again & she was afraid of embarrassing herself if she answered them in public.

© 2009 (no es) maria


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

LOL. Very nice write.....

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

115 Views
Rating
Added on January 28, 2009

Author

(no es) maria
(no es) maria

Milwaukee, WI



About
Pretty language + whatever = a lot of pretty stuff on a page, but I'm still trying to find the beautiful story of things. I like to eat raw fish and raspberries. My interests are vast, one thin.. more..

Writing
dickie dickie

A Poem by (no es) maria