THE NIGERIAN BEGGING SYSTEM

THE NIGERIAN BEGGING SYSTEM

A Story by King-Isah
"

my clear observation of the way some Nigerians behave

"

     I don’t know if you notice the ways people beg in Nigeria, i have been fortunate enough to stay in some Nigerian state particularly the northern part of Nigeria. i haven’t been this fortunate in the east.

    The Hausa people call beggars” Almajiri “while in Lagos most people usually know them” as “Babi Allah”. Have you ever listen to the words the utter while begging for alms some are very good masters in act of begging, from the first way they approach and how well the compose their lines to convince you that the really need help.

    While some might disgust you, sorry I know it no crime to ask for help and I believe it nobody wishes or desires to beg. I pray God provides for us all.

     One thing that really catches my attention is the way some beggars in the North beg. You see them say ‘Allah ya baku ku samu ku bamu’ [God provide for you so you can give to us] sometimes I wonder if they are happy begging. I’m in no shoes to judge they are not perfect I don’t expect them to be.

© 2015 King-Isah


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

https://kingisahmusa.wordpress.com/

the above links to your blog... and its a good writing there to be read.

the link next to your avatar didn't work.

Here you have managed to present a real picture of people living as they have to, not necessarily as anyone wants to.


Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

King-Isah

9 Years Ago

yea i don't really get the avatar thing but am glad i could make u picture how beggars live.tanks f.. read more
Chris

9 Years Ago

I was speaking of the link you posted on your profile page... the one next to the Picture



Reviews

Some beg because they have to. I can't stand those who are to lazy to provide for their families so they seek welfare or beg. Valentine

Posted 8 Years Ago


This is terrific information, it does break my heart knowing that people worldwide
are struggling to eat, clothing, homes, etc, thank you for sharing.

Posted 9 Years Ago


https://kingisahmusa.wordpress.com/

the above links to your blog... and its a good writing there to be read.

the link next to your avatar didn't work.

Here you have managed to present a real picture of people living as they have to, not necessarily as anyone wants to.


Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

King-Isah

9 Years Ago

yea i don't really get the avatar thing but am glad i could make u picture how beggars live.tanks f.. read more
Chris

9 Years Ago

I was speaking of the link you posted on your profile page... the one next to the Picture
I visited Morrocco in the 1980s with my family and the town we visited was full of "beggars". I imagine that Nigeria, like many other countries (Jamaica, Dominican Republic, Morrocco, etc.), is home to a sub-culture of beggars who have, through tradition, followed their ancestral footsteps. Sometimes in Western cultures we frown on begging because we have been raised as capitalists (we reap what we sow in life). However, there is nothing wrong with sharing with those who have less. And if we believe we are being duped into giving someone something simply because that person "wants" it then look at it this way: the reward in giving is the giving itself; once it has passed our hands we have done our part as human beings in helping others. Thanks for the post - I enjoyed it!

Posted 9 Years Ago


King-Isah

9 Years Ago

thank for taken your time to read it.
King-Isah

9 Years Ago

thanks i mean
Thank you for sharing this. I have never been to Nigeria, but I wish to travel there someday. I didn't know that they had special names for the beggars. It's so sad that they even have to beg.
However, you are truly correct in saying we are in no place to judge them. I hate the fact that people judge at all. Although, the ones who don't need the help, make it look bad for those who truly do. It's sad.
Again, thank you for sharing this.

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

219 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 19, 2015
Last Updated on January 19, 2015
Tags: linus

Author

King-Isah
King-Isah

Lagos, Africa, Nigeria



About
I'm an artist that likes to write... more..

Writing
Untitled Untitled

A Poem by King-Isah


Untitled Untitled

A Poem by King-Isah



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..