A Cristmas Story

A Cristmas Story

A Story by itsjustme
"

simple growth of love and heart throughout the Christmas holiday

"

I stopped inside this quiet small shop one day, got the flower and sugar and was on my way, the accountant stopped me and said see that man outside in the suit all dressed in red? Looking out the window Yes in fact I did but his back was turned what about him? I asked not able to understand why this woman pointed out this kind of old man.  He means to talk to you, what about I’m not sure I paid my money then tipped my hat and said goodbye to her.  Excuse me sir did you wish to talk?  He stood there a moment or so, his bare feet casually resting in the snow.  “Sir?” I questioned again after awhile.  “Yes” he said with a rather toothy grin,  and his bright eyes lighting the way “I’ve been meaning to speak with you for a very long while.”  We stood there just us two and the silence seemed awkward and just as I was about to say “excuse me but I really must be on my way.” he asked “where is the holiday cheer.  this is the most spoiled holiday I fear.”  I questioned his opinion in my head, looking long and hard trying to make cense  of what he’d said.  “You know” he went on to say with an even more welcoming smile and this time with his rosy red cheeks alight just like his light blue eyes. “its not about the food or drinks or holiday décor.  it’s about the holiday spirit.” I could see his smile turn to a frown “and I just don’t see that anymore.” he finished with quite the most dramatic frown.  He said staring at the ground.  “I don’t see people stop and listen to all the sounds.  The chiming of bells,  or jangling of Christmas balls.  If only more people could stop put a hand to there ear and listen to the Christmas cheer the trains buzzing loud as a busy bee rushing to get that last kids Christmas present under the tree and the parents would be so proud to hear the boy say look what Santa got me! And the boy would carry on.”  I had a flashback then a memory so to say.  A memory that had nearly faded away. something I had longed for as a boy on Christmas day.  A rocking horse hot rod red one that could be ridden on and go really fast.  I got up early that morning snuck over to the tree and I yelled yippee.  For it was here something I felt that I was waiting for all year and here at last.  Mom and dad came out with a yawn on their faces thank you so much hugging mom and dad tight as a bear.  I saw great grins on their faces.  Then it hit me in a flash, it was never about the rocking horse or my toys at all but the anticipation of a special day and how everyone would be, so marry and happy on that day and every parent was expecting a wide toothy grin from their child something that just couldn’t be hidden. “it’s the thought that counts.” I said out loud not even thinking.  and the man in the red suit must have seen my toothy wide smile.  He commented by asking “do you remember me now?” I did remember him in fact every year he was there with the same red suit and a small bag of loot I said “I’m sorry. Never had I noticed you before.”  Its alright with his rosy red cheeks still alight Well I must be off I wish you a marry Christmas.  I told him it was ok if he stayed over the night he wouldn’t have it though.  He was off with one final goodnight.  I never saw him again, but on the next morn I woke up and under the Christmas tree was the red rocking horse that looked exactly like mine everything looked the same all the way down to the dime.  I would never look at Christmas the same way instead of the stress I gave out a great grin, and every now and again I wonder…was the man in the red suit the one and only Santa.

© 2009 itsjustme


Author's Note

itsjustme
HAPPY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEARS TO ALL MADE UP LATE ON XMAS EVE

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

125 Views
Added on December 25, 2009
Last Updated on December 25, 2009

Author

itsjustme
itsjustme

FL



About
my life as a poet started when i was a freshman in high school. there was this girl that i was going out with and i decided hey, girls like poetry ill write some. at first i rote only about her and .. more..

Writing