Directions

Directions

A Story by Robotic Assistance
"

A dream I had the other night.

"

Here I am walking down that street again, the weather is piercing cold and I can barely keep myself from shaking. My poor selection in shoes are soaked and my socks are starting to absorb the damp air, stupid vans. I stop at a red light and wait for the crossing, the little palm delays my travels for too long. Across the road is a man in a suit he too is waiting for the go-ahead sign to cross, he is a pale man, he seems almost transparent. The sign finally gives me the right away to cross traffic, as this man get's closer I feel my entire body go numb and my mouth exits visible fog of my breath.

 

"excuse me sir, would you have directions to heaven?" the pale man ask once I'm near him.

 

"Umm, I don't know where heaven is located man, I'm sorry " I reply

 

He stands still as we cross another, I continue don't wanting to be stunned while the green like unleashes traffic. I reach the curb and proceed to my path.

 

" Excuse me again, " He's next to me now " Are you sure? I've been looking for what seems forever. "

 

With a shake of my head I reply " No dude, I'm alive heaven is beyond my knowabout. So I think " I chuckle lightly.

 

He stays to my side and stretches the back of his head. I'm so cold... I finally muster some words " Sir are you a ghost? "

 

He nods his head " Yes I am, I'm looking for heaven "

 

Totally confused by his goal I start to interview this Spectre " So you don't die and just go to heaven or hell? Why are you still on this plane of living? "

 

His eyes caught mine and nearly froze my soul before he hung it low and answered my questions the the most shameful tone " Well you see, heaven is real...it's a place of some kind I know that much, once you die depending on how you lived the destination is more clear in your head. Imagine you mind clouded at birth of what's right and wrong and as you clean your mind it sets up you up for the afterlife, thus doing good while living provides a better sight of where heaven is and being bad clouds the view.... and afraid I wasn't much of a good person apparently..."

 

Awestruck..." wow, so it's nothing like... " words pass me.

 

He nods " Yeah there is no actual Hell like we were all taught, this my friend is Hell... to be left with nothing, to exist with just your sins as humans pass you expressing emotions of happiness, sorrow, excitement, joy and ect. The fact that you linger and bounce from year to year without a purpose is the worst punishment for not being right in life..."

" Umm..." my mouth slowly slips words " Why am I able to see you? " I'm terribly nervous, he stops in his tracks and as if the ghost has seen a ghost I become bemused.

 

Only hear two things, tires trying desperately to break and a quick horn for a last warning

 

I fall into darkness.

© 2011 Robotic Assistance


Author's Note

Robotic Assistance
Ignore grammar problems, please let me know if you enjoyed it. I will return all reviews

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I first wasn't sure of where you were going with this until I read the last paragraph, which actually struck me. I like the whole different way you put hell in this story. It actually makes it hard to decide which one is worse... Also liked the ending, a bit unexpected after their conversation. I suspected, but was surely caught off guard after their conversation...

Very good story, a little short, but it sure gives the message!


Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

251 Views
1 Review
Added on December 30, 2009
Last Updated on March 17, 2011
Tags: Death, Heave, Hell

Author

Robotic Assistance
Robotic Assistance

Odessa, TX



About
Hello my name is Harold Veee. I'm in a slow city where nothing amazing ever happens, but I'm here so I make the best of it. Thinks I love: Amanda :D (I love you babe) Gavin WeirdNose Lee .. more..

Writing