........

........

A Story by silver threaded queen

  She doesn't know how to tell the difference anymore.

 

Between reality and the dreamland. She is so lost, it's almost hopeless to try and find her now. But they try. She is in Loveland Asylum Facility. Or as the patients like to call it, laugh.

She wonders the halls of laugh, looking for "them".

 

April 27, 1996

 

"Who are 'them'." her special shrink sits across from her.

 

He has never seen a case like this in the entire 42 years of his profession.

 

She tilts her head." They have many names, they can be whatever you want them to though."

 

He frowns." Alright then. What is your name. In the 6 years you've beens here you've never told us what we can call you."

 

She smiles.

 

He pauses. Thinks."Let me guess, like them you also many names."

 

She nods."But I like you so you can call me by my original name."

 

He raises an eyebrow."Which is......"

 

She laughes."What do you want it to be?"

 

He looks at her. Agian he is thinking.'were did she come from?' and 'Who is she.'

 

But a lot of damn use is does considering she doesn't even share anything with him. she wasn't fragile. She wasn't showing any of the signs of schizophrenia, or a bipolar disorder. She didn't have any obsessive compulsive disorders. In all she was the sanest patient he had ever seen. Probably more mentally stable than he was.

 

And all she did was sit there. Her head cocked to the side, a small crooked grin on her face.

 

As if she knew somthing he didn't.

 

"Corrigan."

 

Her voice snapped him out of his daze.

 

"Excuse me?"

 

She smiles."You wanted to  know what my name was. it's Corrigan."

 

He takes his glasses off to rub his eyes. Finally. One damn piece of information.

 

She raises up out of the ugly, piss colored love seat, to go to the window. She puts the tips of her fingers to the glass.

"I hate it. Being confined. I feel... almost as if I have done somthing wrong." He goes to speak, but she raises her hand, cutting him off. Out of no were she swang around, faceing him, a look of such anger and grief on her face, he could only sit there, and listen.

 

"Do you know what it is like? having your door locked behind you when you go to bed at night. I bet you don't. You know why I never told you damn heartless b******s were I came from? Thats because I didn't come from here! Why don't you go research my name. find out what it means, it'll tell you a lot you know."

 

With that she sat back down on the love seat.

 

"I'm ready to go back to my room."

 

May 4, 1996

 

He had done just what she told him. Researched her name. It mean't to be a faery or dwarf like spirit.

 

How the hell was the supposed to help him.

 

He didnt have time to think the sirens went off just as he was shuting his computer off.

 

A nurse rushed in." Our Jane Doe has vanished, no trace. Your her shrink, right?"

 

He looked at her. " She vanished, no trace."

 

THe nurse shrugged." Yep. Except for a piece if driftwood in her bed, she's gone." With that she shrugged and walked swiftly out of his office.

 

Faery spirit.

Hated to be confined.

Piece of driftwood in her bed.

 

He tilted his head back and groaned." I hope you made it back home Corrigan"

 

 

 

 

 

 

© 2011 silver threaded queen


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Jenny, that was EPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

127 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 29, 2011
Last Updated on June 24, 2011

Author

silver threaded queen
silver threaded queen

OH



About
hey my name is jenny, i love hiking, earl grey, reading, and writing, I'm an extremely depressed human with a twisted mind.... everyone on here means the world to me and has helped me through some rea.. more..

Writing
~1~ ~1~

A Chapter by silver threaded queen