Number 1

Number 1

A Story by Jack
"

Book 1 in a series of short stories

"

Number

1



By Jack GerowCopyright © 2012 Author Name

All rights reserved.

ISBN:

ISBN-13:


DEDICATION



To my loving dad, who forced me to write this.


















































Book 1 


The Beginning 


















































“If you live for the approval of others you will die by their rejection”


-Rick Warren



































Table of Contents



 Chapter 1: Present Day


 Chapter 2: The Room


 Chapter 3: The Letter


 Chapter 4: School


 Chapter 5: Home


 Chapter 6: The Message


 Chapter 7: First Impressions


 Chapter 8: Words Spoken


 



























Chapter 1








It was a freezing winter day as John walked to his high school. The freezing snow nipped at his face as John pulled his black hood over his head. “Why am I stuck walking to school?” John thought to himself. He quickly stopped this thought as he remembered what he had been told as far back as he could think. “The memories only make it worse.”. John didn’t know who had told him that, but he felt like it was advice to follow. John was like most teenargers, he played sports, went to parties, and dealt with the drama of High School. Except there was the fact that he was alone. Ever since John awoke he has no memory of a childhood, family or even a name. John now allowed himself to remember….




Chapter 2


John awoke in a dark room on a squishy mattress with only a blanket and a pillow. His body was sore and hurt, and his head was pounding. John allowed his eyes to adjust to the dark. He noticed a small rectangle window near the ceiling. It let in just enough light for John to see a small, dusty wooden table with a white card on it. John stumbled over to the table and grabbed the card. He then read this.








Chapter 3



Hi John. Sorry that I can’t be there right now. You are probably confused and have lots of questions. Well let me explain. You are a special boy. You have been genetically engineered for greatness. You may not realize it now, but you are the fastest,strongest and smartest person on the planet. You are also alone. You have no mother, no father . You were made in a lab and raised in a cryo tube for the past 17 years. When the time is right we will meet. Until then you will live a normal life.

Good luck.






Chapter 4



John awoke from the daydream as his first period class bell rang and class ended. John grabbed his, old tattered backpack and walked into the hallway. A sea of students swarmed past John pushing and shoving their way though. Unlike the other students had no problem getting through, with a 6 ft 4 in, 200 pound rock, hard muscle frame. This is what John was known for. Not that he has never gotten anything lower than a perfect 100 or that he is in all AP classes or that fact the he knows 15 languages or that he could make a lasting renewable energy source with the material from his science room. He was known for his 3.20 minute mile and being an All-State WR for the Varsity football team. He has had scholarships from the moment he stepped on the field, and now approaching the midway point of his Senior year, John knew he was going to have to make the choice of where he was going to college. It wasn’t a big deal to John. He didn’t care where he went. All he cared about was finding the person who wrote the letter, the person who made him. 
















Chapter 5



When school was over John made his way home, to his 4th floor apartment. It was a small place with very little in it. The apartment had a bed, refrigerator, a bathroom, a table and a small lamp. All on top of a crisp white carpet. John dropped his backpack near the door and walked to his fridge. John opened it up and grabbed a half eaten burger and some cheese. He ate this while doing his hw. Afterwards John opened up his laptop, which he had made himself. It was a black screen. John thought the computer was just turning on and waited for it to boot up, but to his amazement a message appeared on the screen.





 Chapter 6




IT IS TIME. I WILL BE THERE SHORTLY.








Chapter 7

John sat in his chair, frozen. For the past year and a half John had been waiting for this moment and now that it was here he was scared. He had no idea what awaited him. John slammed his laptop shut, snapping it in half. He scrambled to the door, locking it and bringing down his the shades of his windows. He then sprinted to his bed and reached underneath, pulling out a smooth, spotless Glock, put a clip in and clicked the safety off. He then sat down in his chair and waited. Around 2 A.M. John heard a knock at the door. He slowly crept over and turned the brass handle, swinging the door open and pointing the gun out. Only to see a short old man, with white hair slicked back in a grey coat.






Chapter 8






“Hello John. Nice to see you again” 

















TO BE CONTINUED...





































Acknowledgments 


Thank you to everyone who helped write this book. Thank you so much for the support and motivation to write.














Next Book in series 



Ground-Zero



About the Author


Name: Jack Gerow

Age: 14











My Life-


Since I started reading, I have wanted to write a book. I tried many times, but never finished or just didn’t feel comfortable with the publishing it. I love playing sports and video games and hanging out with friends. School is a drag, but it is part of life and you can either take a positive approach to it or negative. I have a big family and that leads to things always going on. I guess that is were I developed my passion for writing, it is a time of peace and quiet where it is just me and my thoughts. I love it and hope I can continue to do it.







 Thank You for Reading








Shout out to my Mom. This is her Mothers Day present.



Written in 2015



© 2015 Jack


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I put time into Volume 1 and releasing volume 2 within the week.

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

124 Views
1 Review
Added on May 10, 2015
Last Updated on May 10, 2015
Tags: fiction, action, teen

Author

Jack
Jack

TX



About
Filling text boxes with words, with no direction. more..

Writing
A Space Cowboy A Space Cowboy

A Story by Jack