Sadness in the Garden senryu

Sadness in the Garden senryu

A Poem by Jack...
"

Get well soon Frieda

"

 

 

When posies are ill

The garden blooms in sadness

and butterflies cry

© 2013 Jack...


Author's Note

Jack...
Artwork - Sad Butterfly by Sara Lijia

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Hey, one of the best senryus I've ever read here. Lovely, Jack. Very lovely. This is going to be the first senryu in my library. :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


I didn't know she was ailing. Hope she's okay

Posted 10 Years Ago


Beautiful artwork and a beautiful sentiment for Frieda. Very nice, Jack.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Oh my!!! Frieda was sick, was because I believe she is now better. Thank you for writing her an uplifting poem like this.

Posted 10 Years Ago


What a sweet tribute to a wonderful lady.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Butterfly tears so sad and touching, this is beyond lovely Jack, in its content and sentiment, thanks so much my sweet friend.

Posted 10 Years Ago


If the flowers suffers, then so too do the garden and the butterflies who are so closely tied to the flowers. A beautiful poem, Jack. Liked it a lot.

Posted 10 Years Ago


I have never heard or seen or known of a butterfly to cry or considered their emotional health, which is what makes this piece especially fascinating, a lovely piece of writing here, Jack.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Jack...

10 Years Ago

Thank you so very much for your kind words.
When I was very little, my Grandma told me that fairies lived in the flowers, and that if we picked them, the flowers would die. I realize now that this was her way of keeping little fingers from picking all her flowers...at the time, I believed her.
It broke my heart when the flowers died every year.
And then, my Grandpa told me that the fairies hibernated through the winter, like bears do, and that they would be back next spring. That made me feel better...

This poem takes me back to a more innocent time...

Posted 10 Years Ago


Jack...

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much my sweet Angel.
:( This reminds me of a scene in a movie I saw a long time ago. It was animated, and I can't recall the name of the film, but there was this beautiful little fairy that was trying to keep a dying garden alive, and it was heartbreaking. This was also heartbreaking in a beautiful way. As an "ode"...even more powerful.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Jack...

10 Years Ago

Thanks so much Sarah. Just trying to help her feel better soon.

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

511 Views
32 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 17, 2013
Last Updated on October 17, 2013

Author

Jack...
Jack...

San Antonio, TX



About
Not much to tell about me, I am just Jack, I am a poet, a writer, a musician, a painter, a builder and a dreamer. I live in south Texas but am originally from New Jersey and miss it more and more all .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..