One

One

A Chapter by Jackie

It was a Wednesday. Classes were resuming. I find it so strange that classes started in the middle of the week this semester. This year was my second year in college and I had finally decided that I wanted to pursue a major in English. The world sets forth such a negative vibe on this major, but I can't help it if analyzing a story and deciphering every inch of incoherency and unintentional but yet perfectly placed metaphors and sentence structures is my enjoyment. I strive for this and it was what I found myself most excelled in. I figured perhaps I could simply teach English in high school or college with the hopes that one day I would get the courage to sit at my desk and finally write something worth reading. I hoped to someday be the author of something so meaningless yet every student would try to figure out the exact meaning and context of every simple phrase. I would write that his coat was black and they would think I meant dark as night and perhaps they would analyze the simplicity of that coat by setting him off as a dark character. Perhaps he would be this mysteriously masked figure in the story and they would try to put a meaning behind every inch of that black coat. They wouldn't realize that he is far from mysterious. They wouldn't know that all I meant was that his coat was simple and just black. There's nothing more. I guess it could've been blue or grey, but on that first Wednesday morning he showed up with that black coat and that was that.


It was an idiotic general education class. What do I care about politics? This was all meaningless junk that someone decided every student needed to apparently be knowledgeable in. The lecture hall was immense. It could hold three hundred students, but it never really did except for that day because for him it did.


Political science was the first class of my day. Nobody wants to be ready to discuss politics at nine in the morning. I got to school early because I wanted to be ready for class. He wasn't there yet, but that's fine because at this point I had no idea that he would be someone I would soon begin to look for. At this point he was nonexistent in my life.


I decided the perfect seat would be in the sixth row, fourth seat down. I didn't want to be in the front or back. I don't like sitting in the center of the room. The fourth seat was perfect I could easily find the time to let my mind wander off into a more important area of my life.


I sat there waiting for the professor to show up and slowly seeing all the empty seats around me begin to fill up.


9 o' clock. 9 am. 9. Nine.


He walked into the room ever so elegantly and as swift as any unrealistic portrayal of a human being. It almost felt as if he floated in like a type of supernatural being. A ghost that a person can't take their eyes off, but they know they should. It's a haunting feeling, that I couldn't even dare try moving away from. I was instantly hypnotized. It was almost dreamlike. He was almost unreal and yet he began to speak and his perfectly shaped lips began to move. Words flowed out so smoothly it was a calm river that came at me like a waterfall. Gushing and flowing at the quickest yet calming stage. Those eyes. His blue eyes complemented the lightest color of the sky when the sun was almost setting. It was the blue in between night and day and they were perfect. I couldn't take my gaze away. I wouldn't dare to blink. I didn't want to miss any second of his perfection. I kept taking in his water until it became a vast ocean that almost began to play tricks on my mind. The edges were blurry and there was no land in sight. I believe now that maybe I might have been drowning and somehow I was fine with that.


His blue light quickly caught mine. I could've sworn his eyes stayed on mine for the longest second that I had ever experienced. The creases on his face began to show. They bloomed from his cheeks like the rarest flower on the first day of spring.


"You can all call me Mr. C." He took off that black coat and walked towards a rack near the door to hang it. He wore a black suit with a tie that exploded in a teal array of color. "Name?"


There it was, those creases blooming once more. He kept his gaze on me and I didn't want to let it go. I felt that I needed it on me forever in order to swim in that enormous shade of blue sky.


"Excuse me?" He waited. I couldn't even blink.


I felt a sudden jitter. A touch from the boy sitting next to me made my skin rise. He popped my fantasy and almost caused me to drown and fall from the sky all in the same moment. I felt that I woke up from the realest of dreams, but it wasn't a dream and it also wasn't real.


"Um yes?" I heard laughter echo. I felt humiliated in front of him. I didn't want this to be his first impression of me. I became this simple and naive girl who could not even pay attention to him in class. I needed him to know that he awoke an area in my mind I didn't recall ever existing before that day. It was an area that filled up so quick with every fantasy ever possible of my mind to conjure. He was a knight, a prince, a savior, a dark hooded character who would ride in from the east telling of his unfortunate tale. He was funny and would smoothly throw every cheesy pick up line at me. He wore a leather jacket and his hair was slicked back. He was a god like creature who rose from the sea. In my mind he became every character I ever saw or read about and almost instantly I was there waiting at the end of his road becoming the damsel in distress. Hoping that I would be the strongest choice he had ever made and that was that.


"I'm sorry, name please?" He gave a reassuring smile. My humiliation almost instantly flew from me.


"Oh, my name is Ellie"


"Great thanks, so Ellie here wants to run for President. What are the requirements?" He smiled at me for the quickest instant and then returned his attention to the rest of the world. I needed to talk to him. I needed to interact with him in some other way. I do not know why I became so instantly infatuated by him with my political science professor. Who looked not a day over twenty-five and who talked with such a simple tone in the most intelligent of way. His words were literature grabbing at my insides. They were tugging at my chest for a new breath of fresh air.


That was the first day that I had ever seen him. During that first class I never did gain the strength to look away from him. Since nine o' clock on that Wednesday morning I have been severely hypnotized.


Days passed by and I never actually thought that I would gain the courage to actually go up to you, but one morning I did.



© 2013 Jackie


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

98 Views
Added on November 11, 2013
Last Updated on November 11, 2013
Tags: romance, love, professor


Author

Jackie
Jackie

CA



About
I like to write. more..

Writing
Two Two

A Chapter by Jackie