My Autobiographical Narrative

My Autobiographical Narrative

A Story by jackson
"

Do not read if you don't like sad stories. I had to write about this or it would have torn me up from the inside out

"
           This story is going to be very sad because it is about the death of my grandfather. My grandpa was one of the most important people in my life. He was someone who always made me laugh. He used to dress up like Santa Clause for Christmas. He even had the beard and was the perfect size to be Santa Clause but instead we call him Grandpa Clause because it was grandpa in a suit.
           But all that joy of my grandpa went away when he died. I didn't find out about his death until i came home from school. When my brother and I got home we found our mom on the front porch with a sad expression on her face. Our step-dad was standing beside her. He was trying to act like he was okay, but his face showed otherwise. My step-dad told us to sit down on the porch swing because he had to tell us something. When we sat down he sat between us and looked at the ground. He said he had some bad news for us.
         That's when we found out my grandfather was dead. I just broke into tears and sat there for what seemed like an eternity. The next day, we all packed some things and headed for Michigan to see the rest of the family. When we arrived we met with the rest of the family at grandma's house. We all greeted each other to be courteous, we all wanted to have a good time, but nobody could get into good spirits. We all sat in suffocating silence. Suddenly I had a great idea! We should all play a card game. So everybody sat down to play euchre. Finally, we started to settle in and have a good time.After a while of playing euchre, people eventually parted ways and left to the hotel rooms they were staying in. My brother and I stayed with my grandma that night.
 The next day was Grandpa's showing. When i entered my grandpa's viewing room, i slowly walked up to the casket. I went up to the side of the casket, knelt down, and started to pray with fat teardrops rolling down my face. I remember thinking when I got up that he is in a better place and he was no longer hurting. I thought these things so I could be strong for my grandma and my dad. After leaving the casket, I stayed by my grandma's side at least three hours. Afterward everybody headed to the park for more leg room and more time to talk. Two days later, my cousins, brother, and I had to move my grandfather's casket into the church where he and my grandma had attended. We moved it all the way up to the alter and sat it down in front of the whole church. Every single person in that church came to pay their respects to my grandpa. The priest also stepped up and led a praying session.
             After this, we put my grandfather back into the hearse. Everybody put flags on their vehicles to let drivers know that a funeral was happening. When we arrived at the graveyard, everyone got out of their vehicles and we prayed again. After that, they moved my grandfather from the wooden casket to an iron casket and placed him into a 6-foot deep hole. After the put dirt in the hole they placed him in, I cried again. Afterward i got up and held my father up because he was actually starting to cry. After they put the dirt into the hole everyone paid their respects and placed a flower on his grave. After everyone else was done i stepped up to the grave and knelt down and thanked him for everything he ever thought me. After the burial my aunt told everyone to meet her at the big boy's restaurant to have dinner.
           The next day everyone met up for one last time at a Knights of Columbus hall. The adults had some drinks except the ones that were driving and the kids had pop. After that my mom,step-dad,brother, and I headed back down to Ohio. We had to get something from the funeral so we could show it to the school so we didn't fail the school year. That is the story of what my family and I did when my grandfather died.

© 2011 jackson


Author's Note

jackson
just tell me what is wrong with it so i can fix it

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

179 Views
Added on March 15, 2011
Last Updated on March 15, 2011

Author

jackson
jackson

Galion, OH



About
I'm a 17 years old. I'm sometimes lazy. I love hanging with friends if I get out of my house i have written a book before and would add it on to here but i misplaced it and can't seem to find it. I ha.. more..

Writing