Rocky lives

Rocky lives

A Story by Jadey
"

A loving story about a woman and her dog. A dog that rescued her and she in turn rescued him. Together they overcame obstacles together.

"

  She searched nonstop for seventy-two hours.  To no avail.  She knew she had done all she could do but, it still pained her to no he was gone and for good now.

 

  He had done this before.  Taken off and left for days leaving her teary eyed, and heartbroken but he always came back.  Never had he gone for away for three days at a time never!

 

  "D****t Rocky!"  "To think I was going to be able to take you on this trip."  Heather was due to leave tomorrow morning bright and early.  She knows how important this assignment is.  Now she just doesn't know what to do?  Take a later flight or cancel altogether.  She would never be able to forgive herself he came sauntering home panting, looking for a familiar face and she wasn't there.  Or what if someone found him, and they needed to get hold of her to tell her of the news?  Goosebumps ran up her spine as she thought of the horrible scenario.

 

  "I have to go."  "If he comes home he comes home, if he doesn't I will only be gone two days."  She called her neighbor to make arrangements to look out for Rocky and to notify her as soon as they knew anything.

 

  "Mrs. Jenkins could you please watch out for Rocky?"  "I appreciate it you have my cell number and if he happens to come home help him with food and his water please." 

 

  Rocky was Heather's 5 year old Golden Retriever.  They were the best of friends.  Rocky had rescued Heather from a fire right before she rescued him from being put into the pound.  After the fire she had to have him.  They were instant friends.  Heather remembers that cold dark Autumn night.  For some reason the smoke detectors never went off.  She had been sleeping quite heavily and that was probably contributed to more of the smoke that was billowing into her room.  Rendering her into a deeper sleep.  Soon she felt a warm wetness on her face.  She couldn't quite comprehend what was going on but she knew it was a dog.  It was her friends dog.  She was staying at their house while work was being done on hers.  He alerted the firemen to her and the rescue was a success without the dog who knows if they would of found her in time.  Her friends were going overseas and had no other option than to put Rocky in the pound.  Well since he had come to her rescue Heather knew what she had to do and that was rescue him back.  She loved Rocky and Rocky loved her. 

 

  With tears in her eyes she knew that she had to continue on with her business trip.  Mrs. Jenkins loved animals and adored Rocky.  She would contact Heather the minute any details developed.

 

  With the knowledge of everything was going to be okay she was okay to leave. 

 

  The very next morning the limo arrived to take Heather to the airport she made sure there was enough food and fresh water incase Rocky came home.  She had washed his dog bed and but a fresh chew toy in it... just incase.  Tears were streaming down her face.  She didn't want to go but, she had to go.

 

  She arrived in Houston for the conference still no word from Mrs. Jenkins.  The group dispersed for break.  Heather stayed behind and ate there.  Really not wanting to be around people at the time.

 

  "Hi my name is Pete, mind if I join you?"  "Oh be my guest."  "Sorry I am just a little preoccupied today."  "I noticed. Is there something I can help you with?"  "No but thank you for asking."  "My dog ran away and it is just kind of hard not knowing where or what so I have people looking out for him."

"Sorry to hear that.  Dogs have a way of always finding themselves back to where they belong."  "Yeah usually he does just well this time has gone too long three days."  "Oh come on chin up you will be home soon and just think so will your pup."  "How about dinner with me tonight away from here?" 

 

  A smile crossed Heathers face.  "Thanks I would like that."

 

  Night time came, and Heather and Pete enjoyed a lovely dinner and then they decided to take in downtown Austin.  She had a blast and so did he.  She returned to her hotel room no messages.  She was heading home in the morning.

 

  As she took off and headed home she knew she would be landing soon.  Anxiety started to rise within her.  She knew she had no messages while she was gone and still none even now approaching the airport for landing.

 

  She got in the limo and it took her home.  She was thrilled to be home but not as excited from past trips where she would come home and yell come to mom I got you a new treat you spoiled brat.  This time it was going to be just her, and the reminders of Rocky. 

 

  She walked in put down her bags headed to the livingroom so she could call Mrs. Jenkins, she wanted to thank her for keeping an eye out and that is when....she saw him Rocky.  "Rocky!  Oh my god!  Rocky you little brat."  A big ruff and a nice lapping from Rocky.  A bright yellow bowed tied to him.  "Oh Rocky thanks for coming home."  Mrs. Jenkins walked in with a smile on her face.  She hugged Heather and said."orry I didn't want to ruin the surprise." He came home about an hour after you left."  "Oh Mrs. Jenkins that is the best surprise anyone has ever given me."  "Thank you so much."

© 2008 Jadey


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love animals and have a dog, named Abby and two box turtles, they keep me happy, so this story was special and you could not of had a better ending. Animals are like little children, you always know you are needed. Nice story Jadey,
Antony

Posted 15 Years Ago


A sweet story, and that Mrs Jenkins sounds like a nice lady!

Posted 15 Years Ago


This is good. I like the animal stories. Especially when they have a happy ending! Great that she rescued the dog. I wouldn't know what I'd do if my kitten ran away! I did notice in the second line you have no and I think you meant know. Still a great, heartwarming story!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

191 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 6, 2008

Author

Jadey
Jadey

MA



About
Hi my name is Jadey and I am 34 years old. I have a passion for many things. Most of all I would like to meet new people with the same interests. I am fun, and outgoing, and flirty. I have several.. more..

Writing
My Breath My Breath

A Poem by Jadey


Just do it Just do it

A Story by Jadey


My Heart My Heart

A Poem by Jadey



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


My Heart My Heart

A Poem by Jadey


Purge Purge

A Poem by Erotic Goddess