Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Jae
"

7 years before the death of the current King.

"

The woods was strangely quiet at this time of day, making the swordsman a bit curious as to what lies ahead of him throughout the path that he walked. He ran his fingers through his hair, strands having fallen over his face. His sword was bouncing up and down on his back as it lay in his baldric, however when trouble came, he was quick enough to swiftly draw it out and commence the battle right then and there. The air was cool as it dance along his skin, the leaves crunching beneath him with every step he took. His lips where full, almost having a feminine look to them. His eyes where dark and wide, his hair long and dark, tied back in a pony tail. In reality, women would fawn over him. He was quite the handsome man, however he was modest to admit so. He knew that one day he would find the woman of his dreams, but for now, that wasn't much of his interest...

He had been traveling for about a week now, leaving his home town in search for adventure, anything that sparked his interest. Out in the wild, Kristopher survived off of small things, temporary work here and there when he reached small towns, or catching wild animals, either selling or eating them, which ever came first. He was a survivor, one of the best in the land. Most admired him for it; he had the knack to know what was good and what was bad, what would get you killed and what would get you dinner. He was pretty confident in himself.

He heard a twig snap from behind, and he quickly spun around and drew out his sword, waiting to attack the... 
Nothing.

He arched an eyebrow, scratching his head with his free hand before he turned around, only to be welcomes by a blow to the stomach.
He stumbled back but quickly regained composure, positioning himself for battle. Before him stood a woman, who also stood in a fighting stance. Her hair was a dark chestnut brown, her body beautifully developed. Dead center of her forehead was a purple stone, and her eyes... her eyes were magically hypnotic. Her left eye was almost the same color as the stone, while her right eye was a a lime green color. A scar lay below her right eye, her lips puckered in a frown. This woman couldn't possibly be human. But what in devil's name could she want with the swordsman?

Kristopher let out a chuckle, shaking his head.

"You're making a big mistake. I suggest you retreat now..." He called out to her. The woman's facial expression didn't change, her gaze solely on him.

"Hmph. I would say the same for you." She replied. She took a step forward. The dark haired male saw that she wasn't equipped with any form of weaponry. What was she going to do? She didn't look strong enough to take him.
The swordsman was eagerly motivated. This should be an easy one.

"How about a deal, swordsman." She stated. A smirk began to form on her lips, revealing a sinister look on her face.

"If you win, then you are to do with me as you please. If I win, I am to become your Mistress. Does that sound fair?" Her accent threw him off a bit. It was rather interesting, she mustn't be from these parts. The swordsman was amused by her offer, letting out a small laugh, afterwards giving her a nod.

"Alright then, if you are that confident, then consider it done." With that, Kristopher charged at her, swinging his sword. The woman jumped back, the sword just barely missing her stomach as she ducked and swung her leg outward, tripping the swordsman. He fell onto the ground but quickly rolled over and stood up, the woman running towards him and kicking him in the face. Well that was unexpected.

He tumbled back and kept his posture once more before he grabbed her arm and flung her around, the woman wobbly trying to maintain her balance before she fell face first onto the ground. Dust flew in the air once she fell, but the swordsman took no time to observe and he pounced on top of her and rose his sword above his head. Suddenly, the woman vanished before him. He blinked. Was he hallucinating? He was kicked from behind with an abnormal force that sent the swordsman flying a few feet from where he was and landing on his side. A growl escaped his lips as he scrambled to get up. He blinked for a moment. How did she manage to escape from him without him noticing?! Better yet, how was she THAT strong?!

Kristopher came to the realization that his sword was missing. It had been dropped when he fell from her attack. Bloody hell, he thought. If he wasn't careful, the woman would-

His thoughts were interrupted as the woman pounced on him, her hands glowing purple as she placed them in front of his face. This was no ordinary woman. She was a mage...
F**k.
She starred down at him, laughing devilishly.

"Well well well... it seemed as though... I won." The swordsman growled.

NO! How could this even be?! He was one of the best swordsman in the land! Defeated by... by a woman?!

She stood up, fixing her clothing.

"I shall be addressed by Mistress Ileatta. Or Mistress, which ever one suits your fancy." She gazed upon the defeated swordsman, who slowly sat up.

"Speak, you ignorant fool! State your name." She hissed. The swordsman sighed, looking away, angered by his defeat.

"Kristopher... Kristopher Slate."



© 2018 Jae


Author's Note

Jae
I feel like I could have been more descriptive. Any advice?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

25 Views
Added on June 21, 2018
Last Updated on June 21, 2018


Author

Jae
Jae

Writing
Magic of Zuria Magic of Zuria

A Book by Jae