Tears

Tears

A Story by Jags
"

Just a little script on how talkative we are even without words!

"
                                                                             TEARS
            I saw her eyes fill up again. The last time I saw them full, all I could sense was emptiness. She stared at the floor that she was squatting on like it had chagrined her,  promised her entity but rewarded her misery, gifted her pain. Her eyes they spoke, but spoke nothing. The same eyes that were gleaming with warm joy a day before, were now cold, ice cold. All they did was throw out water, every now and then, an attempt to exhaust all the hope in her. But the bitter truth was that none of it was remaining, and if it was,  I could not see it. Her lips, she left parted, as though they had intended to voice a notion, but a gentle reminder of the world’s bliss ignorance choked it. ‘Never mind!’ they seemed to say. ‘The world needs no more grief. No one is going to hear, no one will care.’ The room was numbing, or her presence made it so, I wasn’t sure. 
              But this time,  it was different,  her eyes did fill up, but I was certain that she wasn’t empty. They did throw out water, it did not seem to be seeking to exhaust her hope, but felt to be making room for more. Now I felt warmth, it was either the room or the tender yet revealing smile that crossed her contently shut lips, I didn’t know which. 
               A moment or two, and her eyes met mine. That was when I knew that those rolling down her cheeks were tears of joy. 

© 2020 Jags


Author's Note

Jags
Hope y'all like it!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

A wonderful story shared. I wanted to read more and know more. You allowed the reader to fall in situation and feel. The sadness and the joy. Thank you Jags for sharing the amazing story. I did like.
Coyote

Posted 3 Years Ago


Jags

3 Years Ago

Thank you so much for your kind words and time, I'm very glad you liked it :)
Coyote Poetry

3 Years Ago

I did enjoy and you are welcome my friend..
Jags

3 Years Ago

Thank you for your time :)
Wow

Posted 3 Years Ago


Jags

3 Years Ago

Glad you liked it :)
loved the story ,,,,,,,,,,

Posted 3 Years Ago


Jags

3 Years Ago

Glad to know:)
 wordman

3 Years Ago

you`re welcome
Wow!
Your story brilliantly showed how we can speak volumes without uttering a word. Charming prose indeed.

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Jags

3 Years Ago

Thank you so much!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

165 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 21, 2020
Last Updated on August 21, 2020

Author

Jags
Jags

Bangalore , India



About
Unapologetically myself! more..

Writing
Who I am Who I am

A Poem by Jags



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Secret revealed Secret revealed

A Chapter by Surya