MY CHRISTMAS LIST

MY CHRISTMAS LIST

A Story by Jaime Luthe
"

If I could write Santa a letter this is what Id ask for.

"

Here it is, November 24, 2006. The day after Thanksgiving. After a glorious day of the 4 F's (faith, family, food, and football) we are all kicked back in the easy chair with our bellies full and our pockets empty (after that huge after Thanksgiving sale at the mall!). It is now that we begin to think about Christmas. I heard the first Christmas song on the radio at 1 am this morning. Our trees, lights, tinsel, and stockings are going up as we anxiously await the arrival of Santa and the wonderful joys of Christmas. I began filling out my wish list a few minutes ago when I decided to take a different view on things this year. This year I have already been blessed with a new house, new (wonderful) husband, and 3 healthy and thriving children. Is it really fair that I now ask for some material object which in 10 yrs I wont even recall wanting? I dont think so. I can't help but think of all the families praying that they get to spend this Christmas with their loved ones. Knowing deep down inside that even if they are scheduled to come back before the holidays the chances of them making it in a war torn country until then is very slim. So Santa I am asking for a "SNOW DAY!" just one day for our soldiers to sit, relax, pray, eat, and sing carols with their families. Yes, yes I know it isnt snowing over there. But its snowing here and there are snowmen to be built, hills to be sledding on, snowballs to be thrown, and angels to be made. We need our soldiers! Somewhere there is a small boy who hasnt learned the proper technique for making a snow fort. A lil girl needs her mother to show her how to flap her arms just right for the perfect angel. Who will show these kids how to make snowballs big enough to form a snowman? So what do you think? Can the world have a snow day this year? This is the only item on my Christmas list and Santa, Ive been very good!

© 2008 Jaime Luthe


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

273 Views
Added on February 12, 2008

Author

Jaime Luthe
Jaime Luthe

Cisne, IL



About
Myspace LayoutsMyspace GraphicsMyspace BackgroundsMyspace Com.. more..

Writing
QUOTE QUOTE

A Poem by Jaime Luthe