looking to the future (essay summery)

looking to the future (essay summery)

A Story by Jake DeVries

Looking To The Future”


We do not talk - we bludgeon one another with facts and theories gleaned from cursory readings of newspapers, magazines and digests.”
-Henry Miller

Through the course of my adult education, I come to the realization that there are no problems to be solve. There is no strong development in intellect. I have simply been provided with solution to memorize. It has become simply another matter of determination and hard work. Amidst the peak of technological age, this seems to stand true in all modes of society, all the answers are now provided by a mystical machine created in some distant land, and conveniently fit's into your coat pocket. This can become a dangerous matter. The children being born today will become the first generation of mankind to be born into a world where such critical problem solving techniques will no longer be part of there evolutionary standard of survival. I fear an entire generation of pure consumers, handing over there lives, and instinct to machines in which they haven’t the slightest knowledge or interest in understand there function or operation. As long as it will give them any opinion on any information they require, and allow them to go on about there day responding to the rest of the mindless matters of life. Personal experience is no longer a matter of relevance.

I extend great gratitude and merit to article's and publication of articles like these. If critical thinking is no longer an evolutionary standard. It now must be taught.

© 2014 Jake DeVries


Author's Note

Jake DeVries
his was the opening summery to an essay I never wrote.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

66 Views
Added on July 20, 2014
Last Updated on July 20, 2014

Author

Jake DeVries
Jake DeVries

louisville, KY



Writing