Evolution Gone Mild

Evolution Gone Mild

A Story by Jake DeVries
"

Essay on the course of evolution as I see it.

"

Evolution Gone Mild

Jake Devries
















Abstract




The human has evolved into an immeasurably technological species. It has brought much great advancement in the quality of its humanity, yet it has no understanding or regard for the ecosystem that is responsible for its production. The human species now attempts to posses control of its ecosystem. There are certain milestone in the course of are evolution that give evidence to give distinction to the “when and where” of the predicament. Yet no current knowledge is possessed in the understanding “why”.



A generation born to a dying planet will inevitably have to develop a sense of wonder pertaining to how we came to this point of environmental devastation. At some point in the evolution of the human species, it detached itself from the biological connection that all earthlings shared, and developed logic of superiority. Through the expansion of conscious thought, emotion, and invention we lost all relevance to the natural world, Humans became the only earthling species to transcend the delicate ecological configuration that is necessary for the survival of planet earth. There are certain tremendously important vicissitudes in the history of the human species that mutated its progress, to the point in which the species only understanding of the natural world is one of mystery, beauty, and wonder. There is seven million of the most genetically advanced biological entities on planet Earth aimlessly wondering with no ecological function, or means to develop any interspecies biological connection This lack of ecological function or community has turned the human species into a literal virus that has infected its host planet, and will inevitably be the down fall of our civilization.

It is widely accepted among the Anthropological community that at some period in the evolutionary growth of the human species, it became necessary to strip itself of the hunter/ gatherer instincts that were the means of its survival thus far, and learn the skills of agriculture. In the evolutionary structure of any species, it is constantly proven that a species population flourishes in direct relation to its food supply. In an article of the Daily telegraph Sanjid O’Connell(2011)visited the Leverhulme Centre for Human Evolutionary Studies in Cambridge University, and interviewed renounced evolutionary Anthropologist Dr. Jay Stock on the development of agriculture, who claims,” agriculture allows food to be stockpiled and enables some people to do things other than look for food, it led to the invention of more and better weapons, soldiers, warfare, class divisions between those who had access to food and those who did not, and inequality between the sexes.” The human species metamorphosed away from the biological connection that was necessary for its survival and fashioned a completely new means of survival, taking control of Earth ecology, rather than participating.

When the human species discarded its need for nomadic lifestyle, and feral survival skills, there was a biological hunger that left an unfulfilled need to understand the organic mysteries that it no longer had any assimilation to. This need gave birth to hope, Faith, and intelligent design. The majority of religious sects adhere to a belief that “observes the complexity and precision of the created world and concludes that the evidence points to an intelligent being who designed the world. Adherents of intelligent design reject evolutionary theory and also any element of "chance" in the creation process” (Wessner,2011.). A fear of the unknown world it no longer contributed to, led to the belief in a divine reasoning for human existence, creating an inarguable sense of superiority to the rest of earth’s ecosystem. The point in human evolution in which earth became a gift to a divine species rather than a delicate variation of interlinking survival, Has been a strong building point for the progress of a viral human takeover of planet earth.

Through the evolutionary standard of invention, we eventually surpassed our physical connection to our ecological need and replace them with vast, medical, communication, and task technologies. With examples like recycled and reproduced organs, urban living environments, telephone, internet, motorized vehicles and artificial intelligence technology, humans have completely recreated their own design. They no longer have any regard to the frailty of the ecosystem it fails at trying to possess, or even the design of its own genetics. Humans have become a virus for a planet that nurtured Them and embrace them in their early development.

A virus is defined by Webster Dictionary,(2011). ” The causative agent of an infectious disease”. Humans have by definition become a Virus. A virus that has violently taken control of its host body, a virus that has sympathy for the disease it causes, but no knowledge or understanding how to stop causing the disease, And no selfless affiliation to the ecosystem that they have destroyed and now destroys them. The distinction that only the human virus possesses is its intellect. Humans are the only studied virus that completely understands that when the host body dies, the virus dies.

















References:

O’Connell,Sanjid. (2011, World population: Too many, too few or too old; too much life on earth? Le Monde Diplomatique, pp. n/a-n/a. Retrieved from

Webster Dictionary 2011. In Merriam-Webster.com.

Retrieved March, 15 2012, from


Wessner, M. (2011, Jul 21). Three views of the origin of the world. Prince George Citizen, pp. 17. Retrieved from


© 2014 Jake DeVries


Author's Note

Jake DeVries
I meant for it to have a more fun, and less angry feel, but that's the story.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

62 Views
Added on July 20, 2014
Last Updated on July 20, 2014