BTS

BTS

A Story by Trishit
"

the most famous band of Korea

"
 

BTS is a south Korean band consisting of seven members (3 rappers and 4 vocalists). The full form BTS is Bangtan Sonyeondan which means Bulletproof Boy Scouts. BTS is the most famous band in Korea and in the world market. BTS has won around 265 awards. BTS was founded on 2010 by Bang Si-hyuk who is the CEO of Big Hit Entertainment. The first album of BTS was 2cool4skool on 13nth June 2013. Their first lead single was “No More Dream” which dealt with the struggles of studying in the school and cruelty of the Korean education system. They had to struggle very much because they did not have any economic support  but then also they did not turn back and won the first award for their  lead single “I need you” and their first main award with the album Wings in 2016. They became the first Korean artist to perform at the Grammy’s. The seven members of the BTS are Kim Namjoon (RM), Kim Seokjin (Jin), Min Yoongi (Suga), Jung Hosoek(J-Hope), Park Jimin (Jimin), Kim Taehyung(V) and Jeon Jungkook (Jungkook). BTS was inspired by Justin Bieber, Nas, Eminem, Kanye West, Drake, Post Malone, Charlie Puth and Danger. BTS have been described as "easily the biggest and most successful name in K-pop in the world" that can "do things no other name in their genre can", with Time giving them the nickname "Princes of Pop". Billboard Senior Vice President Silvio Pietroluongo said that BTS are comparable and as influential to the Beatles and The Monkees. BTS have been often regarded as "the biggest boy band in the world". They have also appeared in various power listings. The most tweeted-about celebrities in the world in 2017 and 2018, the band was included in Time's list of the 25 most influential people on the internet from 2017 to 2019,featured on the magazine's October 2018 international edition cover as "Next Generation Leaders, “and were listed as one of Time 100's most influential people in 2019. The group was also listed as one of the most influential artists of the decade by CNN, for "popularizing K-pop in the US". BTS topped the list of Forbes Korea Power Celebrity in 2018 and 2020 and ranked fifth in 2017 and second in 2019. In 2019, BTS ranked 43rd on Forbes' annual list of the 100 highest-paid celebrities with earnings of $57 million. BTS also ranked first on the list of 'Top Rank Global Sustainable Future Leaders' during an announcement from the UN-sponsored SDG association at the United Nations headquarters, while BTS' Fanclub, ARMY, were noted as the 'Top Rank Sustainable Global group'. Other notable people included in this list were Malala Yousafzai and Bill Gates. In California, BTS inspired a teacher to have his school be the first in the country to offer a Korean American Culture and Society course. Kang Soojung, exhibition manager at the Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art, said that while preparing the 50th anniversary exhibition called “Square,” she was greatly influenced by BTS's hidden track “Sea". BTS has received many awards and honours, including 24 Mnet Asian Music Awards, 23 Melon Music Awards, 20 Golden Disc Awards, 14 Seoul Music Awards, 13 Gaon Chart Music Awards, 4 Billboard Music Awards, 4 Korean Music Awards, 4 American Music Awards, and 2 MTV Video Music Awards. BTS inspired many people because their lyrics, often focused on personal and social commentary, touch on the themes of mental health, troubles of school-age youth, loss, the journey towards loving oneself, and individualism.

 


© 2020 Trishit


Author's Note

Trishit
My favorite song is Black Swan. Tell me yours.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Miss Right is my fave song.

Posted 2 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

28 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 12, 2020
Last Updated on June 12, 2020
Tags: #LOVE

Author

Trishit
Trishit

kolkata, India



Writing