Epilogue

Epilogue

A Chapter by Maladroite
"

Epilogue of 'truthful lies'. English is not my mother tongue so if I made any grammatical mistakes, please tell me. And let me know what you thought of it too!

"

Epilogue


I think we can all agree that a story should start with a beginning. At least that’s what they taught me in like third grade. It sounds simple, a capital letter at the beginning of each new sentence. Words made out of different vowels and consonants that help you tell what’s on your mind until everything has been told. But where do things really begin? I mean, there are so many ways to tell a story. Someone’s ending could easily be another beginning. And what if it all began before we even realised it?

So let me be honest with you, I have no idea when it all started nor do I know if it has ended yet.

Oh and one more thing, no this is not another love story. I think there are enough of that. Somehow it seems like love is everywhere though, because seriously have you ever read a book or seen a movie in which they did never mention anything about love? Well I didn’t. So maybe this isn’t such an exceptional beginning, because it all started with it. Two people, both so different, fell in love with eachother. Sounds familiar doesn’t it?

Jack was an ambitious man, born in a poor family who couldn’t always offer him the best childhood, but they managed to get him the best education possible. He got a degree and worked at the government. The only thing that was missing, were people he could share it with. And one day he meets this crazy woman, about 15 years younger than him but so mature for her age. She works in the same building as him. But it isn’t that simple. She has two children, and lost her last husband after he hung himself. Not such a great story to tell on you first date ,huh?

But she managed to get food on the table for her daughter Lea and her son Tyler. However the house they were living in sucked and lea always got sick because of the fungus. And then finally they met, and it felt so wrong and right at the same time. After some time they realise that this was what they had both been waiting for, that this was true love.
Or at least that’s how I like to imagine it.

Dad doesn't like to talk about it anymore. The only thing I really know is that they bought a house and got married even if my grandparents on my father’s side hated the idea. They didn’t even come to the ceremony.  My dad however had one wish left. He wanted children. He got three in fact. The first one was Jay, the second Caleb and the last one (obviously the one they had all been waiting for) was Felicia. That’s me, nice to meet you I guess.



© 2015 Maladroite


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

161 Views
Added on August 14, 2015
Last Updated on August 14, 2015


Author

Maladroite
Maladroite

Belgium



About
Nobody else is going to tell my story, so I thought I'ld maybe write it myself. more..

Writing
Wachten Wachten

A Poem by Maladroite