Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Jas Lovejoy

In the depths of Downtown Saint Petersburg, Florida, a teen boy lived in luxury. To prove his monetary worth, he hosted a summertime party once a year, held only for those he deemed wealthy enough to attend and a plus-one. These parties went on since this boy's youth, allowing the same guests to attend each year. It was rare for there to be new guests, and if any tried to come, they were turned away.
The summer of 2013 came, and the party went on as usual - full of dancing, live music, drinks, and food - until the door of the coliseum opened, revealing a weary tourist, soaked by the rain and shivering. All she asked for, she said weakly, was some food and water to get her on her way. But upon revealing her lack of money, the boy urged her away with a scoff. "Do not judge others by their place in society," She murmured, a wrinkled hand raising to point in the face of the boy. "Judge them by the worth of their character."
But once she was turned away once more, her face peeled back to reveal a beautiful necromancer, clad in jewels and other riches. The boy begged for forgiveness, but it was too late. With a wave of her hand, the boy and his guests' bodies vanished, leaving only blued spirits in their place. "If you can learn to love someone poorer than you before your bodies are found, and be loved in return, the curse will be broken." She proclaimed, turning away.
Years passed, but the city had had their memories erased of the boy and his guests, and he lived in despair... For who could learn to love a spirit?


© 2017 Jas Lovejoy


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I really enjoyed reading this. Sometimes I wish I could write like this.

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

47 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 11, 2017
Last Updated on May 11, 2017


Author

Jas Lovejoy
Jas Lovejoy

Largo, FL



About
I'm sixteen years old and enjoy writing mostly stories inspired by other stories, and occasionally stories purely from my imagination. more..

Writing