The Fifty Year Gap Relationship

The Fifty Year Gap Relationship

A Story by jask

I could actually write a real introduction to this but let's just save ourselves a lot of time by having you read my PROFILE.  You know the Profile, right?  This story is about her.

She was a girlfriend and then, fifty years later, she was again.

I had actually spent quite a bit of time in the mid-years of the internet searching for her using, what else?, Search Engines but kept coming up empty.  Where does one actually disappear to these days? 

Of course, there was that annoying married-name thing which I surmise was invented just to keep stalkers like me way far away.  And better: I knew she had actually married at least two times since I had last seen her.  Also, I surmised that perhaps she did not lead that activity-filled public life.  Fair enough.

One thing I did not find in my search was a listing in obituaries.  As you might know from reading my other writing here (you DO read my other writing here, right?) some girlfriends past actually do have obituaries.  Nobody's getting younger.


------------------------------------


Then, following a 50 year-high school class reunion, I managed to find a current address and quickly penned a note filling in the past 50 years.  I could actually do it because, alas, not that much has actually happened in the past 50 years.

© 2023 jask


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Actually, I have glanced at some of your other writing and see that this is a favorite subject. I like it, too, as I often think about those 50 year-old missed chances. I google their names as well. You write well, and now I'm thinking about looking someone up. (Or trying to) Happy trails, my friend.

Posted 4 Months Ago


I don't use this site much, but did they actually LOSE the ability to double-space paragraphs?

Posted 4 Months Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

53 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 6, 2023
Last Updated on December 15, 2023
Tags: Girlfriend

Author

jask
jask

About
PROFILE I had a girlfriend in high school until one day senior year shortly after summer vacation she told me by letter (called 'notes', a predecessor of texting) she wasn't.....and in my shaken st.. more..

Writing
Culine Sexe Culine Sexe

A Story by jask


Re-Write Re-Write

A Story by jask


joanie joanie

A Story by jask