Confused

Confused

A Chapter by Jasmine Saints

                “Hi, Honey! Who’s this?”

                “Hey, Reagan. This is Rain. Rain, this is Reagan.” My girlfriend has the worst timing, ever.

                “I have to get going. It was nice meeting you, Reagan. Bye, Sunny.” Rain didn’t sound as preppy as she did just seconds before. I wanted to see if she would want to meet up at this exact spot again the next day.

                I wish I had her phone number, email, something more than just her name. If only I finished my damn sentence. I would’ve continued rambling on and on about what could have been but I just realized that Reagan was here, expecting an explanation.

                “You have some explaining to do, Grey. Who was she? Why does she call you Sunny? Are you cheating on me? Were you on a date with her?” Reagan seemed furious. Even though we’ve only been dating for a month, I guess I should clear things up with her. Here goes nothing.

                “Well I ju�"“ she didn’t let me finish my damn sentence, again.  It drives me insane every time she does this which is quite often I may add.

                “HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME? I THOUGHT YOU LOVED ME!” Jo began bawling her eyes out.

                “I’m sorry. I won’t talk to her again. I love you.” I kissed her cheek, in hopes that she would stop crying. It seemed to work since she hugged me tightly shortly after. The thing with Reagan is that she gets jealous easily. What pisses me off is that I may not be able to talk to ANY girl but she is allowed to talk to any guy because if I show the slightest sign of jealousy, all hell will break loose.

You’re probably wondering why I’m even with a girl like her, let alone the fact that I was even able to get a girlfriend.  It was freshman year of high school when I first laid eyes on her. Reagan was adored by all the guys at Gartner High and all the girls wanted to be her friend. I, for one, did not see what was so great about Reagan McKinley which is what caught her interest in me. I was the only guy in the entire school who hasn’t tried to “get at her.” She found me intriguing and had convinced me to be her boyfriend. Yeah, it was a stupid story but hey, at least it wasn’t that cliché “love at first sight” kind of bullshit. Well, to me it isn’t.

I walked Reagan home shortly after. She made me promise to her that I would never, ever, talk to Rain again. I simply agreed because what are the odds of me finding her again? I mean, this is New York City we’re talking about. Plus, I don’t even have her number or knew her last name. 

Just as I thought all hope was gone, I spotted a girl who looked familiar. Rain. As I was about to approach her, I was struck by overbearing thoughts.

Should I go talk to her? What if that isn’t even her? She probably thinks I’m some player who wants to get into her pants or something. Why do I even care about her? I mean, I just met her. What the hell is all of this I’m even feeling? That’s it, I’m going to talk to her and get everything straightened out.

As I was approaching the girl, she began talking to herself outloud. “Ugh, where is he?! He better be here soon because I don’t want to seem like a freak to fellow New Yorkers, too.”

I was going to comfort her when a boy came up to her running. “Hey, sorry I’m late Lalaine. I lost track of time,” the guy said.

“It’s alright, Zeke. Let’s go, shall we?” she grabbed his hand and the two left.

Who was I kidding? Why would she even like me? Eh, at least I don’t have to think about this situation anymore. I headed home and just slept through the day, hoping that I will forget whatever happened today. 



© 2015 Jasmine Saints


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

38 Views
Added on December 20, 2015
Last Updated on December 20, 2015


Author

Jasmine Saints
Jasmine Saints

CA



About
[I'll edit this later] more..

Writing
Encounter Encounter

A Chapter by Jasmine Saints