To Fall or Fly

To Fall or Fly

A Poem by Jasper
"

A potentailly life changing decision....given some poetic thought! lol

"

 

In a single heart beat, the stars determine our destiny,

From out of the mist, out future clears and solidifies into reality and becomes tomorrow’s yesterday,

Once an untenable mystery only dreamt of in waking dreams and restless nights,

Our future selves unrestrained by the shackles of present times, self imposed, imagined bars of responsibility diminish to nothing.

 

What holds us to ourselves is a bond greater than life, it seems,

Yet seems so simple to slip this knot and drift away to contentment,

Yet in casting off we anchor even firmer into shaky ground,

Bound by ties of a familiar shore,

Uncertain of what lies beyond the horizon – bountiful lands of satisfied desire and longing, or, perhaps, a harsher land…

 

To take ones life within ones hands and cast out the unwanted, securing the precious to us even closer,

Is a gift. To take that first step into unknown territory – a terrifying yet cleansing rite of passage.

To be certain enough of the unknowable and blind to others pain,

A leap of faith, a thudding heart, eyes closed, we step…..

Will we fall or fly?

© 2008 Jasper


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I absolutely love the way you write. Every word I read grabs hold of me and I don't want it to end. I am a harsh critique usually - but find myself in an altered reality after reading your work. I am stunned, mystified. I am looking forward to you posting more. I think you are now one of my favorite writers on this site actually. Congrats on that.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This was a very intriguing and wonderful write that you've done here. You've given this poem very good flow, and I enjoy it very well. Though I myself am not much along the lines of a critique, I do love to congratulate people on their writes. The use of your words paints quite a beautiful picture for those who should ever read it, I think. The use of your words are also great attention grabbers as well, which is another plus for you, I suppose. All in all, this was just a simply amazing write on your part, and I look forward to reading more of your works!

Posted 15 Years Ago


I absolutely love the way you write. Every word I read grabs hold of me and I don't want it to end. I am a harsh critique usually - but find myself in an altered reality after reading your work. I am stunned, mystified. I am looking forward to you posting more. I think you are now one of my favorite writers on this site actually. Congrats on that.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

solidifies into reality (to) becomes tomorrow's yesterday,

Sorry there were too many and's in the first couple lines I thought it was redundant. I'm new here so I'm not sure if this is one of those groups where you actually critic eachothers work or just pat eachother on the back and say good job. I'd rather critic though.

anyhoo over all I didn't really understand what you were trying to say. idk maybe I havn't had enough coffee yet. I like your language though, the flow was nice too.


Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

196 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 23, 2008
Last Updated on June 29, 2008

Author

Jasper
Jasper

Southampton, United Kingdom



About
Just dabbling in a bit of poetry.... more..

Writing
Caged Tigers Caged Tigers

A Poem by Jasper


Poppies Poppies

A Poem by Jasper