Six

Six

A Chapter by Ja Strangelyn

The king sat on his throne, looking positively bored as well as the prince.

            Dev’s hands shook as the guards directed her towards the dais upon which the royal family sat. The ball room had the wedding guests along with the bride and groom, enjoying their time and feasting. Devyn felt left out.

            Ellie was waiting by her mother and father who stood off to the side, watching her with disgust in their eyes. Elissa had tears in hers, her shoulders trembling as she looked away. They were the best of friends and really close; this would devastate both of them. A tear fell down Dev’s cheek as she knew that this would be the last time they would see one another given Ellie would have no power in halting this arrangement.

            “Lord Tworidge, is this her? The one who dared touch my son, of royal blood?” The king asked once Devyn was placed directly in front of him. The prince perked up, straightening in his throne as he looked her over.

            Steffanos stepped forward and gestured towards his daughter with an arm, his green eyes alight with mischief. “Yes, your highness. Devyn Chael Morneheure, I present the orphan girl, sire. We had no idea she planned on defiling the prince’s rooms and flesh.” Devyn looked down at her shaking hands. Were they that dirty and disgusting? “We had come here on the premise of an invitation to the royal wedding and saw our opportunity and her chance encounter with Prince Cassius will makes this that much easier. She no longer satisfies my-our needs. And we have been short on coin the last three months or so and the bank will not agree to a loan for me. Nor will King Erven offer any more pay as I am at the top of his roll. Please, your highness, we are here to sell her as a slave.” He bowed, one foot in front, the other bending behind him.

            “Hmm,” the king muttered. “Cassius, assess her for me.”

            The prince’s hands clenched his armrests before he stood. His boots clacked on the dark stone flooring as he crossed over to Devyn, flinging his eye covers to his now absent seat. She flinched when he reached for her hand, bringing it towards him, forcing her to follow. Did he recognize her? She wondered if he remembered her from when she intruded upon him during his slumber. A shudder ripped through her when he sniffed her neck, using his inhuman senses to detect any sign of illness. His breath was warm against her flesh as he inhaled her scent, traveling up to her ear.

            “I will free you from his confines and I do recall your touch on me,” he whispered, almost inaudibly so the others could not hear. His lips brushed against her lobe, causing her to melt into him. “You’ll be safe with me.”

            She nodded minutely, trusting him with all that she had, though she barely knew him. He moved away from her neck and began placing feather light touches here and there, feeling her curves and pliability of her skin. After a few minutes of his probing, he stepped back. Silver eyes shone with both determination and need. Maybe he did have a plan after all.

            “She is not an innocent,” he spoke from besides her, his deep voice rumbling through the great hall. “She has been tainted.” She gasped at the word, never having thought of herself as being tainted and spoiled.

            The king leaned forward, eyes narrowing on Steffanos. “Did you not think we would find out about her condition? Without her virtue, she is no good to me. I will pay you half of my offer and she will be a palace slave, not a courtesan.”

            Thora cried out at his words. “But your highness! She is rare; a human with lilac eyes! She is rumored to be a Gindoc, a child of Impera! Surely, you wouldn’t pass on her, sire?”

            The king sat back in indignation and sighed. “Very well. I will give you three quarters of what we discussed but she will not suit me.” His cold, green gaze fell upon his son. “She’s yours, Cassius, being you begged for her life.”

            Devyn chanced a glance at the prince and noticed his anger evident on his face. “I do not want her.”

            Why did that sting her heart? She rid her mind of the feeling of rejection and instead focused on the issue. They were haggling her and deciding what to do with her body. Did she not have a say in what happened to her? She guessed not.

            “You will take her, Cassius. She will be your personal slave for which you will punish her for what she did. She trespassed into your room; she needs to be reprimanded.” King Davorin hissed.  “What say ye?”

            Her eyes were still locked on the prince as he ground his jaw hard, the scars gleaming in the waning light. He was beautiful with a certain sereneness about him that called to her inner being. But there was something off about his physique. Too tall and lean and those ears, almost pointed at the top but not quite. Was he an Elf too? Gods, why did she care? His father and he were about to make her a slave!

            She watched the prince stand up tall, challenging his father. “No.”

            King Davorin stepped down from his throne and crossed over to Devyn, gripping her upper arm in a vice-like hold. She yelped and tried to suppress her expression of pain. “If you do not take her, then I will see to her punishment as severe and she will be placed in the lowest caste of slaves.” His fingers tightened, indicating his threat. Dev whined and gasped at the pressure he was creating.

            The prince didn’t seem interested, however, as he continued staring out in front of him, focused on his throne. Her tiny arm was beginning to pulse under his deathly grip and she tried to pull away but was forced back by the guards. “Please,” she begged.

            The king cut her a look that silenced her, his mouth turning up into a sneer of raw amusement and pure hatred. “Jesnor, see to it that this girl is housed in my room. I will take her then since my son has no need or want of her.” His hand finally loosened after a moment or two of no objection from his son.

            “Wait,” the prince halted the guard with a hand. “Take her to my room. Get her a change of clothes and see her cleaned up. Will that be all, your highness?” He hissed the formality at his father.

            “Not quite,” His Highness said. “I will watch you punish her, after I am through with you.”

            The prince’s face had gone pale. Had he actually planned on sparing her? And did it fall through when he decided not to take her? She shivered and stepped out of the throne room, not bothering to cast a single glance her mother or father’s way as she felt their stares on her back that was soon to be red and bared before the two royals. King Davorin had a sick pleasure in torturing his w****s and those who dared disobey him.

            She knew that even her unheard prayers to the gods couldn’t save her from what she was about to endure. 



© 2015 Ja Strangelyn


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

65 Views
Added on December 29, 2015
Last Updated on December 29, 2015


Author

Ja Strangelyn
Ja Strangelyn

Lake Charles, LA



About
I'm just a young author who's working two jobs just wanting to get my ideas out there. I recently graduated with a degree in Political Science though that wasn't my dream degree but it works. My plan .. more..

Writing
One One

A Chapter by Ja Strangelyn


Two Two

A Chapter by Ja Strangelyn