Gripping Numbness

Gripping Numbness

A Story by Jill Terry

I remember those winters well; when the world turns a negative shade of grey, the suns vibrance diminishes to a bright, blinding white and the cold wraps around and holds you hostage. Seemingly surrounded by death at best; as depression settles deep within the confines of my soul; futile attempts, searching for a way out; hindered by storms of snow and ice; madness wrapping around, crippling my mind; inaudible screams driving me blind.

 

A distant, frigid memory; as I bask in the embrace of the warm southern sun; my soul awash in each colorful sunrise; hope-filled rays reflecting ocean waves; coloring my world, stimulating imagination; restoring my muse, from the brink back to life.

 

I revel in this sanctity; ever aware of those distant dreams and frost-bitten memories; the gripping numbness beneath the moon of madness; and that looming presence that brought me to this sanity…

© 2009 Jill Terry


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

142 Views
Added on August 1, 2009

Author

Jill Terry
Jill Terry

FL



About
Jill describes herself as a word weaver, storyteller, truth-seeker; who finds solace in putting her thoughts to words and sharing with all those who would listen. Writing professionally since 2000,.. more..

Writing