Just like you

Just like you

A Stage Play by jayfray
"

another one of dan's monologues

"
Just like you
Written for one male

Dan: Everyday i wake up, i get out of bed, grab my tooth brush, and head into the bathroom. Once in the bathroom i place my stuff down on the sink and i take a second and look at myself in the mirror. Now this is a very ordinary thing to do. I mean who hasn't checked themselves out in the mirror every now and then. Human kind is vain... Now i got off track... where was i? oh yes so i look at myself in the mirror and it's fascinating because I see me! but its scary because at the same time I don't see me. I see you. I see you and i hate it. I can't stand it. Just the mere thought that i might actually be the same person as you makes me sick! Why? why can;t your genetics just leave my system and stop plaguing me already?! I want to be my own person not a carbon copy of you! god I hate genetics. so what do i do now? just sit here and embrace the fact that I'm becoming the person in this world I resent... I resent you... I... I... I f*****g hate you. Just... Just leave me be please... Just let me be me and not you...

© 2011 jayfray


Author's Note

jayfray
Dan is frustrated over the man in the mirror

My Review

Would you like to review this Stage Play?
Login | Register




Reviews


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

299 Views
1 Review
Added on February 20, 2011
Last Updated on February 23, 2011
Tags: dan, mother, like, her

Author

jayfray
jayfray

Potsdam, NY



About
I'm 18. I study english education and theatre and Potsdam. I mainly write poems, scripts, and i dabble in novels, but I lack the inspiration and motivation to actually finish any i attempt to write. I.. more..

Writing
A Mothers Love A Mothers Love

A Stage Play by jayfray


Safety Safety

A Poem by jayfray


Leave Me Be Leave Me Be

A Poem by jayfray