The Garden of the Used

The Garden of the Used

A Poem by Jazzy

There's a thought that keeps turning,

around in my head.

A dezire that's burning,

when i lay in my bed.

A feeling so strong,

i know it is wrong.

For when i feel this way,

it makes me sway.

Loving, compassionate, handsome and true,

these are the things i feel about you.

And as we kiss under the trees,

I feel a soft breeze.

But the breeze brings not only, dry leaves and songs,

it fills my heart with the doing of wrongs.

For under this tree,

you know only me...

But when you get home,

you are sure to phone,

your one and only true love.

And as for me,

i will be,

just another seed,

in your garden of the used.

© 2009 Jazzy


Author's Note

Jazzy
i know there is some flowing problems but i'm not quite sure how to fix that.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

There's something magical about this piece. It's enchanting. Very well-written!

Tallulah is right about your flow problem. The mis-matched line lengths are obstructing the rhyme. Also, there is at least one comma that it placed awkwardly. "But the breeze brings not only, dry leaves and songs". Commas are a signal to pause for a second, and pausing there throws it off a little. You might want to take it out.

Hope that helps! Great writing, keep it up!

-Howl

Posted 15 Years Ago


Ok i really liek this poem. The whole idea is an amazing one. I like the ryhming but I think I have discovered your flow problem. Because this piece ryhmes I think it would help if you kept each line at a similar size because if you make it longer it kinda sounds like a run on sentence. I hope that helps.


Posted 15 Years Ago


There was only one point in which the flow kinda of faltered, but it is still good. For me theres a sense of betrayal that sneaks up and smacks ya at the end. Keep it up!

Posted 15 Years Ago


I loved the line "garden of the used". The title itself made me really want to read the poem. As far as "flowing" goes I'd suggest maybe cutting up some of the very long lines so there is not such a hard contrast with the very short ones. Aside from technicalities, this poem was one that I could relate personally too - reminded me of a past relationship. Beautiful analogy you used here. Very emotional and touching poem.

Posted 15 Years Ago


"in your garden of the used", very powerful line. I have found that when I feel like my poems don't flow, if I leave them for a while and then come back, it will come to me.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

134 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 20, 2009

Author

Jazzy
Jazzy

San Diego, CA



About
hey i'm sophia. i love twilight, writing, basketball, GOD, nature, and music. If you're having any trouble through hard times just email me or something. I'd be glad to help.Thanks for viewing my writ.. more..

Writing
blink blink

A by Jazzy


Faith and Low Faith and Low

A Poem by Jazzy


black black

A Poem by Jazzy



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Lithium Lithium

A Poem by Marlena


Believe Believe

A Poem by Marlena