days

days

A Poem by jcfrancis
"

short poem. 'nuff said

"
days

and so he carved
his days
into miniature masterpieces,
feeding them to the
hungry lions,
who did not understand such
curious shapes
but found them
nonetheless
delicious.

© 2014 jcfrancis


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is a very intriguing bit, I read your explanation and can see what you mean. I like the wording and depth of the thought, very accessible to everyone, makes you think, everyone will take their own feeling from it. The only thing I would change is the beginning, start with "He carved his days..." Excellent work.

Posted 9 Years Ago


This is actually an except from a larger poem. I went about editing a bunch of old poems at one point years ago and decided the rest of the poem was not very good, but liked this bit. That's why the poem starts with the word "and": not to be artistic as much as it is just where i picked up with the "good stuff". It is meant to be more open to interpretation for the reader. Glad you enjoyed it. What it means to me personally is more clear in the rest of the poem. It's about the personal tragedy of wasting time that one cannot afford to waste. Thanks for the kind words.

Posted 9 Years Ago


I like how this piece has such depth to it even though it is so short. The theme behind it can be so freely interpreted by the reader as well, which I also find amazing. What were YOU trying to bring about as the message in this? (Just out of curiosity.)

Posted 9 Years Ago


I like your piece here. Interesting for its structure and choice of words.

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

153 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 5, 2014
Last Updated on November 5, 2014

Author

jcfrancis
jcfrancis

Bethesda, MD



About
OK, so here's the thing about me and poetry: when I was 8 years old, my older sister got an electric typewriter. I was fascinated by it and was dying to use it. (I mean, it was an electric typewri.. more..

Writing
tiny bells tiny bells

A Poem by jcfrancis


corvid corvid

A Poem by jcfrancis