Autumn

Autumn

A Poem by Norma J. Jessee
"

Autumn's just around the corner. The signs are everywhere.

"

 

Autumn's on its way,

Leaves are falling down,

Summer's slowly passing;

Signs are all around.

 

Days are getting shorter,

A little cooler too,

Colors are a changin;

Autumn's coming through.

 

Soon it will be Autumn,

Children back in school,

I love the pretty colors;

Yeah, autumn's pretty cool.

 

© 2008 Norma J. Jessee


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very nice poem. The rhythm is perfectly on target, and your rhymes never feel forced. The picture you chose for this poem is a beuatiful introduction to the piece.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Simplicity in form, and a feel-good quality about it, a subject matter we can all relate to. What more can you want?
However, I must point out a problem with apostrophes.
Line 1 - it's=its 2. Leave's=Leaves 7. Color's=Colors 10. children's=children 11. color's=colors
(The 's is for 'is' - as you probably know already, so unless you're saying something 'is', you don't need the apostrophe).

Posted 15 Years Ago


Ah Autumn! My favorite season and one that just about every poet loves to write about...the only advice I can offer is that perhaps the word "Children's" second line - fourth stanza shouldn't probably have an "s" at the end since "Children" is already the plural form?

Satine

Posted 15 Years Ago


I love this! Autumn is a magical time of year. I love the tone of this piece as well, it's light and friendly and makes the reader smile.

Posted 15 Years Ago


autumn is my favorite season - I love the cool breezes mixed with still warm sunshine - love to snuggle beneath the blankets at night, but not need a jacket in the day. Of course, my favorite thing is the awesome fall foliage around my mountains - enough to take the breath away. the rhyme pattern here made this song sing - I can see this as a sing song for the kids at school. :-)

Posted 15 Years Ago


So true the days are warm still, with the nights getting cooler

I am loving the cool crisp nights~ I love Autumn weather

Great write! my friend~Fran



Posted 15 Years Ago


I am a Fall kinda guy myself. We live on the side of a moutain here is East Tennessee. Long about October, I can look out our windows and I'm treated to a pallete of beauty. The wind blows off of the top of the mountain and the leaves swirl round in my yard. I especially am fond of the times when a particually stiff wind will blow through the woods around the house and the leaves fall off the trees in a torential "storm".

Beautiful poetry!
Todd

Posted 15 Years Ago


Oohh..I like this. I like the rhyming scheme and how you described Autumn.
Great job,
~Lauren

Posted 15 Years Ago


Yes Autumn is cool and so is your poem... actually it is my favorite season with all the pretty leaves and the cool air... your poem so gracefully describes this wonderful season.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

175 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 17, 2008
Last Updated on August 20, 2008

Author

Norma J. Jessee
Norma J. Jessee

VA



About
I am a 57 year old, happily married, mother of 4, who have blessed me with 12 grandchildren. I find a lot of my inspiration comes from my grandchildren. who can provide an endless supply of things to .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..