Darkened heart

Darkened heart

A Poem by NightDream
"

A dark poem for the Season

"

 

Darkness engulfs the light of life, drawing it deep into the inky blackness of my wicked heart. No longer beating I feed upon the salty red sustenance of their reality, robbing them of all that I can not be. Unseen but as a stranger hidden, untouched except in passing, unloved and alone within my personal hell. The coldness of my thoughts cloak me in their forbidden embrace, whispering darkened deed into the hollow canvas of my mind, painted in the blood of indifference. In jest I smile at the young man who passes drawing him into the spider’s web with bitter sweet promises that are but one-sided. “Come my love let me indulge your whims.” Skillfully I draw him into my arms till no longer he resists the darkness of my charms. I watch the life disappear to but a glitter in the depths of his hazel eyes and find myself alone yet again, slipping among the shadows in search of redemption of my empty heart.

© 2008 NightDream


Author's Note

NightDream
Sorry for any grammer or spelling mistakes

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is sinfully dark, to take the lives of others with no satisfaction, only to
hunt as the heart grows darker. AD

Posted 15 Years Ago


a great write of a confused hidden feeling i get....just enough to pull your finger otta the pan of hot water without burning it off......

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

209 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 4, 2008

Author

NightDream
NightDream

Grafton, WV



About
I dabble in Paranormal romance writing and am a freak when it comes to reading (I can put down two novels a night if I like what I am reading.) As a profession I am a Teacher (obviously not an Englis.. more..

Writing
The Clock The Clock

A Poem by NightDream