Hallowed Lovers

Hallowed Lovers

A Story by NightDream
"

just a short piece for the season

"

 

A single eye beams down from a darkened sky while a shadow of torment sends a flash of dread and goose bumps across pale flesh and a distant sound echoes through the death of night. “Who is there?” she asks in a voice wary of the awaiting obsidian.
She knows what night it is, remembers as though it had been yesterday and not five years had passed. She remembers the secret buried here beneath the gnarled upspring of cypress and nightshade. A chill runs her spine as she moves swiftly across the worn path knowing she is no longer alone. Her name dances like a seductive whisper on the wind. He calls to her from lips long gone from this world, calling to his one true love, love stolen from another and paid for in blood, regret and sorrow. Breathing hard she glances nervously over her shoulder, knowing she can never return, unwilling to return to a cold life. “Clara, I see you woman.” The hard words reach her as she struggles to reach where her lover sleeps. A few more feet and she will find her release from this cold world, a few more feet to reach through the darkness of death and embrace her hollowed heart. “Dam it Clara!”  The devil growls as he closes the distance. Still she pushes on through the bramble of thickets and thorns as they tear at her skin. Finally she reaches it, the soft damp earth where he lays waiting. Her hands tremble as she pulls the blade from where she has hidden it, ready to plunge it deep into her chest. Before the deed can be completed a large hard fist crashes across her pale jaw, like so many times before, sending her tumbling hard to the ground. “You b***h” he roars, standing overtop her, his fist clenched tight at his sides. “I’ll teach you to run from me again.” He says as he stalks toward her, dark intent in his eyes. He raises his fist high, too caught up in his own anger to realize his mistake. Clara smiles, a slow curve to her lips at what he does not see, a shadowy silhouette moving with the wind behind him. The sound of something slicing the autumn wind reaches her ears and his eyes bulge wide and he falls as if in slow motion into a crumbled heap onto the multicolor blanket of leaves. Clara reaches her feet and runs into the billowing cloak that stands a few feet away, wishing she could once again kiss his lips. But she is home again, wrapped securely in the arms of her true love and death will unite them once again. This time the bond will not be broken. 

© 2008 NightDream


Author's Note

NightDream
ingnore the grammer if you please. I wrote this on a whim.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is a dark story of lost lovers, and how far one will go to be with
the other. However, I know this story was short, but you could have explained
a little more about the characters, so we as the reader would have felt more
pulled in by the story, felt apart of what was going on.

AD

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

263 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on October 12, 2008

Author

NightDream
NightDream

Grafton, WV



About
I dabble in Paranormal romance writing and am a freak when it comes to reading (I can put down two novels a night if I like what I am reading.) As a profession I am a Teacher (obviously not an Englis.. more..

Writing
The Clock The Clock

A Poem by NightDream