To Be Imperfectly Franken

To Be Imperfectly Franken

A Story by humblr46

Democrats believe in almost everything and what they don't believe in, Republicans do. Anything goes in America up to a point and then suddenly stops.

Here's something that Democrats believe; women should not be assaulted. This belief was widely proven when the Dems forced the resignation of fellow Democrat Senator Al Franken of Minnesota who was caught not touching but pretending to touch the breasts of an associate while she was sleeping on a plane. Kirsten Hilldebrand, a me too Democratic senator from New York led the movement to remove her colleague from office.

Franken, a Democratic senator from Minnesota, was forced to resign from the Senate in 2017 following allegations of sexual misconduct. Several women accused Franken of inappropriate behavior, including forcibly kissing them or groping them during photo ops. As a result, Franken was the subject of an ethics investigation, which ultimately led to his resignation. Many of Franken's fellow Democrats, including Senator Kirsten Gillibrand, called for his resignation, saying that his behavior was unacceptable and that he had lost the confidence of his colleagues. Franken denied some of the allegations against him and said that others were taken out of context, but ultimately he decided to step down in order to avoid becoming a distraction for the Democratic Party.

One of the most prominent allegations against Franken involved a photograph that showed him appearing to grope a woman's breasts while she was sleeping on a plane during a USO tour in 2006. The woman, Leeann Tweeden, a radio host and former model, accused Franken of kissing her without her consent and of taking the photograph, which was later made public.

Franken initially apologized for the photograph and said that he had no memory of taking it, but he later issued a more detailed apology in which he said that he regretted his behavior and took full responsibility for it. He also called for an ethics investigation into his conduct, saying that he wanted to be held accountable for his actions.

The photograph and Tweeden's allegations were widely reported in the media and became a major controversy. Many Democrats called for Franken to resign, while others defended him and said that he deserved due process. Senate Ethics Committee launched an investigation into Franken's behavior. The investigation took several months, during which time the committee gathered evidence, interviewed witnesses, and reviewed the allegations against Franken. In December 2017, just as the committee was about to begin public hearings, Franken announced his resignation from the Senate, saying that he did not want to be a distraction and that he believed he could no longer be effective as a senator given the controversy surrounding him.

As a result of Franken's resignation, the ethics investigation was effectively ended, and the committee did not release a formal report on its findings. However, some senators who were involved in the investigation later said that they had found credible evidence to support the allegations against Franken, and that they would have recommended disciplinary action if he had not resigned.

If the Senate Ethics Committee had found evidence to support the allegations of sexual misconduct against Al Franken and recommended disciplinary action, there are several types of punishment that could have been considered:

  1. Censure: The committee could have recommended that the Senate formally censure Franken, which is a public statement of disapproval.
  2. Reprimand: The committee could have recommended that the Senate reprimand Franken, which is a formal statement of disapproval but less severe than censure.
  3. Expulsion: The committee could have recommended that the Senate expel Franken, which would have required a two-thirds majority vote. Expulsion is a rare an extreme measure that has only been used a few times in Senate history.

It's most likely that Franken would have been censured or reprimanded and would have kept his seat.

Before becoming a Senator Franken was a Harvard graduate who became featured writer and perfomer on Saturday Night Live. He wrote several best selling books including Lies and the Lying Liars who tell them and Rush Limbaugh Is a Big Fat Idiot. Both books were aimed directly at the shenanigans of Rupert Murdoch's Fox news. Franken also starred in a movie called Stuart Smalley Saves the World.

Franken could be considered a star in teevee, politics, writing and movies.

By accusing Franken, the Dems made clear their belief that a "star" was not entitled to reportedly kiss a woman or even pretend to do grab a woman's private parts which is seemingly in contradiction of a current belief which proposes that such star groping has been going on" fortunately or unfortunately for millions of years."

Dems also believe in gun control, women's rights and that twice impeached, insurrection enabling, election denying individuals should not be presidential candidates.

Republicans believe in guns, low taxes, fair elections, witch hunts and Donald Trump.

Allegations of sexual misconduct made against Senator Al Franken and former President Donald Trump share some similarities, but there are also significant differences.

Both Franken and Trump were accused by multiple women of inappropriate behavior, including groping, unwanted kissing, and other forms of sexual misconduct. In both cases, the allegations dated back several years and were made public during a period of heightened scrutiny of sexual harassment and assault in politics, media, and other industries.

However, there are also some notable differences between the two cases. One of the most significant is the response of the accused individuals. While Franken initially denied some of the allegations against him, he ultimately apologized and took responsibility for his actions. In contrast, Trump has denied all of the allegations made against him, calling them "fake news" and launching personal attacks against his accusers.

Another difference is the level of scrutiny and consequences faced by the accused individuals. Franken faced intense pressure to resign from the Senate, including from his fellow Democrats, and ultimately chose to step down. Trump, on the other hand, has faced relatively little political fallout from the allegations against him, and has never been held accountable for any of the allegations in a court of law.

Finally, it's worth noting that the allegations against Trump are more numerous and span a longer period of time than those against Franken. While both cases are serious, the sheer volume of allegations against Trump and his refusal to take responsibility for his actions have made his case more controversial and divisive.

  • In 1992, a former business associate of Trump's named Jill Harth filed a lawsuit alleging that he had sexually assaulted her. The suit was eventually dropped, but Harth later reaffirmed her allegations in interviews.
  • In 1997, Trump was accused of sexual assault by former Miss USA contestant Temple Taggart McDowell. McDowell alleged that Trump had kissed her without her consent during a meeting in New York City.
  • In 2003, writer E. Jean Carroll alleged in a book that Trump had raped her in a department store dressing room in the mid-1990s. Trump denied the allegations and accused Carroll of lying for publicity.
  • During the 2016 presidential campaign, a recording emerged of Trump bragging about groping women without their consent. He referred to these actions as "locker room talk" and apologized for the comments, but many women came forward to accuse him of similar behavior.
  • In 2019, writer and advice columnist E. Jean Carroll filed a lawsuit against Trump, accusing him of sexually assaulting her in a department store dressing room in the 1990s. The suit is ongoing.
  • In 2020, former model Amy Dorris accused Trump of sexually assaulting her at the US Open tennis tournament in 1997. Trump denied the allegations.

One of the most high-profile allegations made against Donald Trump is the claim that he had an extramarital affair with adult film star Stephanie Clifford, who is also known by her stage name, Stormy Daniels.

According to Clifford, she and Trump had a sexual encounter in 2006, shortly after his wife Melania gave birth to their son, Barron. Clifford claims that she was paid $130,000 in hush money by Trump's former lawyer, Michael Cohen, just days before the 2016 presidential election in order to keep quiet about the affair.

Trump has denied the allegations of the affair, but has admitted that he reimbursed Cohen for the payment made to Clifford. The payment has led to legal troubles for both Cohen and Trump, with Cohen pleading guilty to campaign finance violations and Trump being implicated in the scheme.

The scandal surrounding the alleged affair and hush money payment has been a major source of controversy for Trump, with many critics arguing that it raises serious ethical and legal questions about his fitness for office.

Franken currently has a podcast.

Trump is the leading Republican candidate for President of the United States.

He has been found liable in the civil suit by Davis and fined 5 million dollars.

In response Trump declared the trial part of a corrupt with hunt and that he had never met Davis who he described as a Wacko.

© 2023 humblr46


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

37 Views
Added on May 11, 2023
Last Updated on May 11, 2023
Tags: Trump, Franken, Carroll, Democrats, Republicans, politics, me too