Are you in there?

Are you in there?

A Story by Jebstantial

There you are, an empty soul, a clear canvas, a sharp mind with a blunt tongue and a lonely heart. Everything seems to be in black and gray. How many times have you been disappointed? How many times have you failed? I guess you lost count. Can you remember when was the last time you laughed so hard that you can barely breathe? Try, try to remember how happy you were. Do you remember the last time you fell in love? It was the happiest I've seen you. I was so happy for you. It's as if I was lying in the meadows and watching the flowers bloom. New feelings were budding and the nectar was sweet. To have a life well lived, that was your aim. I could tell, your family loves you so much. Devastated of what happened, it brought tears in their eyes, knowing that you could no longer comprehend. 
Who'd have thought you'll end up this way. Perhaps, it's not the end yet and you're just trapped in the deepest pit. I always watch you stare at nothing and it seems that you're in a pensive mood. If you're in there somewhere, always know that we miss you. Life has been cruel but you never complained. People around you were happy to see you share your kindness. What happened to you? Why won't you answer? I've been talking all day about the adventures I went on to. You became a good listener when you used to be the only sound a quiet room could hear.
As I clenched my teeth in rage, I couldn't imagine how that filthy nobody forced himself inside you. You must have been so scared and helpless. Just when I thought I was about to lose my sense of what's wrong and what's right, I remembered how good you are. Surely, you wouldn't want us to be angry and mad at the world. All the words of wisdom that you gave will live each and every day.
I miss your jokes and your giggles. With good intentions you always cheer up our loneliness away. Thank you for being a living advice that what we have is only transient and that we should make the most out of each moment. They say you're as good as dead, we say no! We'll take care of you much more than you took care of us. The essence of loving is to put someone else's needs before us and you did that before. That's how amazing you are. If you're in there somewhere, listen. You must fight despair and come back. 
We only live once, and if I meet a new friend, I will always remember what you've taught me. I'd tell her to bask in every moment. Make the most out of it by treasuring every second and embracing all the love. It never hurts to try after all.
Today, I brought you flowers. They're as fresh as the morning dew. I was surprised to see you pick one and put it near your nose. You closed your eyes slowly. And I saw you.. I saw you half smiled.

© 2016 Jebstantial


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

42 Views
Added on November 30, 2016
Last Updated on November 30, 2016

Author

Jebstantial
Jebstantial

Cebu City, VII, Philippines



About
Years back, I used the pen name Lavender Soya. Perhaps this is oblivion, oh well! I am here to set a fresh start. It's been a long time since I have written a piece. more..

Writing